A Little Bit of Everything

I *finally* had some time last night to knit and I jumped on the chance. Yes there were dishes and laundry (oh the laundry) and a ton of others things calling but the only one I answered was the call of the yarn. I didnt want to work on the CIC sock. I figure I'm at a point where its the foot part and I can do that on our drive to NY. I pulled out Baby Girl's poncho and did a few rows of that while watching a taped Knitty Gritty. Then I pulled out my sweater with the patterns to it. I only do a row or two of it since every row is different and I dont have the quiet time I need to really make sure I dont mess it up. I havent posted a picture of it yet so here it is.

Its got a viney pattern right now, 5 more rows I'll be on the flower. I started this in December of '05 and this is as far as I've gotten. I wanted to get it done by this winter but it may be the winter of 2007 instead.

Then the kids wanted to sit next to me while we watched tv so out came the new sock for me. The picture isnt true to color but the best I could do this AM.

Its not much but *you* try casting on and fiddling with 4 needles while you have two rugrats climbing on you and asking to knit and arguing who gets to sit next to you and who gets to sit ON you! Needless to say I didnt get much done. Once Grease (the movie) was over (it was on the ABCFAmily channel last night) I decided I was exhausted, kissed everybody goodnight (let the Insane One put them to bed) and went to bed to finish the book I was reading, Knit One, Kill Two. Its supposed to be the first book in a series and it was pretty good. I ordered some books from the library and instead of coming 4 at a time, they put all 8 books in the bag!!! YIKES!!! I already read Embroidered Truths by Monica Ferris and a cute kids book called The Red Wolf. Next I think I'll read Died in the Wool (I think that's the name).

Not that I want to go, but I need to start getting ready for work, leave at noon, go work out at Curves, come home, shower, then take the kids back out to another Summer Library program. This one is called the Kaleidoscope Storytellers. Yep, just another quiet day on the farm..........This is what I'd RATHER be doing.....

Now THEY are enjoying the LAZY days of summer!!! Good for them, growing up comes W-A-Y too fast.

Comments

Dee said…
Your sweater color is gorgeous! What is the yarn?

And your sock? More Fixation?

Details, Lynn. I need details. LOL

P.S. Cute kids ....ain't they sweet when they are sleeping?
Susie said…
Awwwwww!!! You are the Sock Queen lately, I must say! Making me want to make a pair for moi-self :)
Amy said…
The kids look so cute! I am excited about the new Knitty Gritty starting July 3rd. I think I have watched most of them at least 3x now.

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon