Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Casting on

Monday night I decided that if I want to get anything done, I need to cast on a couple of projects. So I first cast on for a new washcloth. I had some yellow Peaches and Cream left over that I will be using, #16 from my Nifty Knit Dishcloths book is the lucky pattern. I've only done 6 rows so not much to see, but at least it's cast on and will become mindless knitting.


I also cast on for sock #2 with the Berroco Europa yarn. I swear I don't know why its such an effort for me to cast on!! Once I started, it was no problem to do and it got me motivated to work on this sock! I havent done that much since I've only had the chance to work on it for abt an hour total in the past 2 days. I'm hoping to do more tonight.


The reason I'm not getting as much stitching/knitting done is because life is back to its crazy self. PTO meetings (like PTA but w/o the dues), homework, wrestling animals -I mean- tucking children into bed at night, home renovations, etc are getting into my quiet time! This is what I got last night......



This is my kitchen and hallway area. There seems to be more demolition than renovation happening these days. However I'm *trying* to look at the positive sides to it all. How often do you get to clean behind your fridge?!?


And we continue to have midnight visitors. Remember my surprise guest? Well apparently he has friends. AND they like to croak at night. They are VERY loud!! We thought that they were these big bull frogs outside at night because they have such loud croaking that you hear quite well in the house. We heard them last night so I finally just put the light on to see what they looked like! Here you go!!

There were three of them sitting around the pool and singing. The Insane One caught one that eventually jumped onto our window and I got this shot.

He's (at least I *think* its a he) got a cute belly, but it freaks me out a bit since it reminds me of the time I had to dissect his distant cousin.......

7 comments:

Dee said...

Great frog shots! Isn't it AMAZING how loud they can be for such a small critter.

P.S. I hate casting on too. It's like counting to the center on cross stitch. UGH ...jobs you have to do, but you're glad when you can actually STITCH!

Jane said...

Ick, I remember frog dissection. We also did fetal lambs. Also ick. But I do love your frog photos.

laurie said...

I tell you what, when I lived in Mississippi, we had that SAME frog and 37,000 of his closest relatives in our yard, house, on the windows, on the streets. I was afraid to drive after dark 'cause I knew I was running them over with my tires. whoops.

I just wanted to say you took me back with those pictures!

Dr. Purl said...

Love the Frogs.. I bet they sounded like they were in surround sound outside your house. The hallway is looking really nice.

Lynn said...

Well come to find out that these are considered Cuban Tree frogs and they eat ANYTHING smaller than them!! Something the IO read said to kill them but if it keeps the bugs down, they can stay!!! However I have frog eggs in the pool now....

Deborah said...

I'm a conflicted discloth knitter, joined the KAL awhile ago and it is my private (well not very private anymore!) comfort. Question - why are you using such big needles? I use 7s with the same yarn.

Jenn said...

First time visitor, first time commentor...

The frogs made me LOL because we are re-building our house and the last few weeks have been problem after problem...then I got in bed last night to discover ants...yeah, in my bed. Hubby looked at me and said...what's next? Locust? I laughed so hard he slept on the couch.