Thursday, August 31, 2006

I DID IT!!!!!!

Ok so if I waited another 45 min I would have a post for Sept 1, but I needed to post tonight!! You see I FINISHED MY SOCKS!!!!!


WOOHOO!!!! I cant get the color right since I'm taking their picture in my office with the weird light and the flash, but you get the idea.

Details of these socks......
I used 2 skeins of Berroco Europa that I got off eBay back in March of this year. From stash to completed project in only 5 months. Not bad at all!!

Ok lets try again.....

Berroco Europa 75% superwash wool, 25% cotton
(reinforced toes and heels with wooly nylon)
Size 3 needles
Sock #1 was started 6/28/06. Not sure when I finished that one but I started sock #2 8/14. Finished 8/31/06. They took me FOREVER! I'm not the fastest knitter around, but I really wasnt motivated to work on these socks. They were heavier than I wanted to knit and I have a lot of other sock yarn calling out to me. This is why I'm gonna love the Sock A Month KAL. It's really going to motivate me to get a pair of socks done a month. Sometime this wknd I will cast on another pair of socks, most likely using Cascade Fixation. Probably plain white with some colorful heels and toes...... stay tuned.

3 comments:

Dee said...

Congratulations on the socks. They look great.

Fixation? Boooooooo, Fixation.

Soooooo, you gonna join my challenge??????

Jane said...

Yay for finished socks! They look nice and cozy.

stitcherw said...

Your socks turned out so pretty, what a fun color. Cold here this morning again (about 50). I think I need to get busy and finish the scarf I'm knitting, don't think it will be all that long before it starts to come in handy.