Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Stash Overload

Since we've been renovating the house, I've had to move some stash from the living room to my bedroom. Well after a stressful day I thought I'd go thru it, organize it better and put it away in my office. WRONG!! I started to think of the areas I have yarn stashed and realized it was going to be a much bigger job than I anticipated. So instead, I went thru the Knitting Pattern-A-Day calendar and organized that by project (all socks together, all scarves, etc). I dont even know why I buy any new magazines......I have enough patterns to last me a LONG time! And fabric and batting and books and floss. So my new goal is to just work on what I have and only buy what is NEEDED to finish a project. We'll see how long that lasts......

And what have I been working on? Nothing that I last posted abt! I pulled out the sweater I'm doing for ME. I'm trying to get thru the intricate pattern part of it (where every row is different) so that I can get to the mindless pattern repeat of the rest of the sweater (at least until I need to start decreasing for armholes and neck shaping). I REALLY want to wear this sweater this year and I'm hoping I'll have it done by the end of the year. Here's what I've done so far.


You can *sort of* see the leaves of a flower. I couldnt get a clear close up so use your imagination. I'm working on the head of the flower right now. I have 9 more rows to finish the flower and then the easy pattern begins. I'm hoping by Monday I will start that portion of the pattern. I wont have time to think abt it until then. I'm also noticing that the y/os on one side of the flower you can see, but the other side seems to get swallowed up in the knitting. I'm hoping it will either block out or is consistent enough to look ok.

I've also been working on Baby Girl's poncho. I really want this thing done. I'm tired of looking at it. I like mindless knitting, but 24" of plain garter is monotonous! Not that there is much to see but here is side 2.


The one good thing abt this poncho is that it really is a mindless knit. Perfect for late night knitting. Then I will finish those socks. I think this is the longest its taken me to finish a pair. I just joined the Sock-A-Month #2 KAL for incentive to get a pair of socks done a month. This KAL is hosted by Knittin' Mom if you want to check it out. I have the button, just need to post it in my sidebar. I'm also joining (ever the joiner!) the Red Scarf Project. I'll have more info, including a button, tomorrow.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Your sweater is beautiful. I love that color. What's the yarn?

Deborah said...

Any shrinks out there? Surely there must be a specialty that only deals with stashing...

Diane said...

Good luck on your organizing. The sweater looks beautiful.

Deborah said...

I just had to tell you something... I've stopped making sweaters or other wearable garments that involve sizes. I have a multiple personality dress size. Shawls, hats, bags... works for me for now.
Good luck with yours.

stitcherw said...

I love the color of your sweater, it will be really pretty when it is done. Our mornings here in MI are cool enough now that a sweater feels nice.