Sky and Sock Details

Up first, Saturday sky.

Nice clear blue sky. Not exciting but I'm not complaining!

And now sock details. I used Cascade Fixation yarn for the socks. White for the main part of the sock and lime green for the toe and heel. Lime green is what I call it, the ball band calls it a number. I used a plain pattern, 2.5 inches of k2p2 ribbing and another inch of st st before I started the heel. I used my size 3 metal Susan Bates dpns. I was debating on what color to start next (was actually leaning toward a grey pair for my Grey's Anatomy KAL) when the kids said they wanted a pair so they will be next. Tomorrow I will cast on for #1 Son first, white sock with a lime green/blue variegated yarn for heels and toes. Baby Girl wants something more involved (no surprise there!). She wants a magenta pink for the cuff, purple for the foot and light pink for the heels and toes. I will do #1 Son's first and then will reverify that she still wants those colors. Usually #1 Son wants the multi-coloring which explains why he wanted the variegated heel and toe. No variegation for Baby Girl, just lots of different solids. We'll see if it sticks.

Comments

stitcherw said…
Baby girl's color choices sound like a lot of fun. Hmmmm the yarn looks so soft and squishy I may just have to check it out. Do yarn stores normally carry it where I could see it do you know? I'm lucky enough to have two fairly nice yarn stores near me, but haven't been in them to look around in ages.

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon