A Little Bit of Everything

First up, I finished #1 Son's Baby Girl's socks last night. Here they are on her feet.....

And here they are for their photo shoot....

The stripe around the cuff is different (one has more green in it, the other more blue), but the toe came out the same! The tips are both blue which I was hoping for.

Sock specifics:
Yarn: Cascade Fixation in 2 colors
Needles: size 3 dpns
Pattern: Cast on 40 stitches, K1P1 for 2", stst for 10 rows before I started the heel flap. Stockinette stitch the foot and kitchener the toe. Your basic vanilla sock.
Time Frame: 10/1 thru 10/13

If I had more time during the week, I could crank them out faster. #1 Son's socks will have to be wider. The ankle was too big, but the sock itself was too narrow and definitely too short in the foot. I'm a bit socked out so I cast on for his vest. More on that when I get more done.

In cross stitch news, I can finally show you the housewarming card I made for Jane. She just recently moved and I wanted to send her a little something to warm up her house. Along with some of this

(what better way to warm a house than with some yarn?!?!)
I made this

I found these kits by Mary Englebreit to stitch up into cards. They had 3 different patterns in it, Friend, Home, Love. I had no idea what I would use them for, but they were SO cute and I couldnt resist. Well I've used every single pattern in it!! Who knew?!?!

Here is an updated picture of Too Pooped.....(click here for a BEFORE shot)

I'm putting him away for a bit to work on this.....

With it cooling down a bit, I want to make some snowmen before it gets warm enough to fry eggs on the sidewalk again. He's the first one up.

And lest you thought I forgot abt Saturday Sky, here are some pics of the sky at 10AM this morning. Straight back.....

and to the side.....

The sky is gorgeous today!! Lots of different clouds in the sky. It's amazing how now even the IO and the kids will come out with me to look at the sky and I will be given suggestions as to which side looks better!! LOL If nothing else, we all have learned to appreciate the sky a bit more.

I've decided to add a little something to my Saturday Sky pictures. Its Saturday tempuratures! Ok I'm really asking for it considering its snowing in certain parts of the US, but I just cant help myself!! tee hee Here is a picture of how cold it was when I took my Saturday Sky pictures.


Don't hate me because its beautiful.

Comments

Susie said…
great socks! Don't you love it when the toe stripes match up? Well done...

I was just wondering hwo may stitches to cast on for some Lily socks - I think I will go with 36 on my trusty no. 1 needles. We'll see...

70 degrees!! Lucky girl :)
Sus said…
Oh, what a primo sky!! Thank you for sharing such gorgeous pics, and way to get the family involved!
Sandra Knapp said…
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I see that you too are multi-talented. Beautiful socks and what an adorable card too.

Have a great day,
Sandie :)

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon