More Company

Not much blogging occurs when you are trying to get ready for company. AGAIN. Baby Girl is better. She went to school Tuesday only because she was student of the month for her class, but the presentation was different than what #1 Son had (right now they are in different schools because the elementary school we are zoned for doesnt have a pre-K program) so she was sorely disappointed. The Insane One told her that maybe we could have a little party for her when my sisters come out this wknd. Easy for him to say!! Add party cake to my list.

So Thursday the family is coming out because #1 Son has his first religious Bible reading. We have prepared for 2 weeks and he's as ready as he's gonna get. It's a reading from Proverbs so it's not too complicated, but the word annihilated is in his reading. Just try saying that with a missing front tooth! Friday is Family Picnic day at #1 Son's school which we will all go to, Friday night will be a lasagna dinner along with pink party cake for dessert. And Saturday we have some additional things planned for the AM. We'll round out the day with either bowling or a movie. It will be fun but I'm already looking forward to Sunday afternoon!!!

Even with all the chaos going on in the house (then again, when isnt there something) I've been knitting. I've finished the square for Crazy Aunt Purl's grandma (see sidebar button for link), but no picture has been taken yet. It's been washed and blocked and ready to be mailed out. Next up is a charity block for Warm Up America. I am using some leftover Lionbrand Homespun. Can I tell you how much I dislike this yarn??? I tend to pull on it so the loops will bunch up if I'm not careful. I am close to the end of the ball, but only 3" into the square (it needs to be 7x9) so not even sure if I have enough yarn. If not, I will add some other left over yarn to finish it off. Michael's is a collection site and it needs to be done by Nov 11th. When I am done with this square, I will take pics of both blocks with details of yarn, needle size, pattern etc. I plan on starting another pair of socks once this square is done. With any luck I'll have them done by the end of the month. Maybe.......

I probably won't post again until Saturday (can't let that sky shot get away!), so here is a picture to hold you until then.......


Is there NO place safe from the paparazzi?!?

Comments

Deborah said…
Cats are so funny. I wonder what their criteria is for sleeping spots? Is it a spontaneous thing - "yawn, I'm tired." Or is it an ambiance thing - "lovely spot this is, let's take a nap"...

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon