One Skein In.....

I've been working on #1 Son's vest and I just finished using the first skein. I was a bit worried that I didn't have enough yarn for this project, but that first skein lasted longer than I expected so I'm pretty sure I'm good to go. But I won't have much left over......


Also, in true Happy Acres style, we made a school project a group effort. #1 Son had a project for school, a cut out turkey that needed a disguise for Thanksgiving. You had to do more than color it in, BE CREATIVE we were told. #1 Son and the Insane One were brainstorming and came up with Bob the Builder. The IO made the safety goggles, #1 Son made the hat and the tools, Baby Girl made the tape measure and I made the clothes. Yes it's a bit more involved than a second grader would have done alone, but it sort of took on a life of its own. It may not exactly be what the teacher wanted, but we had fun as a family!! LOL


And last but not least, the IO has started a new job. He is now a Parks Inspector for the county. Oh and he has a patent pending. And did I mention that while at the music store today a guy from Nashville Star wants him to write country music songs for him to sing on the show?? These things only happen to the IO. Conversation here has either been abt electricity or "wouldn't that make the coolest country song?!?!" It's no wonder I'm aging so quickly......

Comments

Dee said…
Sounds like you and IO have been busy!

Love Bob the Builder.
Susie said…
VERY nice, very incognito turkey - I love it!

re the vest, is that diamond pattern a purl thing or an openwork thing? Lily's got a sweater with openwork diamonds that look almost exactly like these, and I would love to reverse-engineer them...
stitcherw said…
Your life really does take some interesting turns. Turkey turned out adorable, very creative. Looked at your weather pixie, who look nice and warm, and then looked at mine, who is in a coat and showing snow. Ugh!!!
Sue
Deborah said…
a park inspector? is that anything like a ranger?? I recently fell in love with a forest ranger who took my garden group on a hike...

Love the family 2nd grade homework project. The problem with living so close to New York City is this: when one of my boys had a similar thing to do in elementary school, his big wig mamma (who worked in the animation department at Nickolodian) had one of her slave cartoonist make her 2nd grader's project.. talk about parent involvement how's about corporate institutional involvement???
Diane said…
I think the turkey is very creative.
Sandra Knapp said…
That "turkey" is so well disguised he's safe from any and all hunters, I'm certain!!! I hope #1 son got a good grade, and family projects are always the best too. Good luck to IO in his new job too!

Have a great weekend :)

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon