Saturday, November 18, 2006

This is why everybody comes here.......

Yes we DO get rain, just not very much around this time of year. Here is the sky and temp at 8:30 this AM.

I had to put on sweatpants and socks this AM!! I know, no sympathy.


I took this picture from the front of the house instead of the back. Gotta mix up the blue!


Somebody else out enjoying the weather.

As I'm writing this, the rest of the family are watching a show called How It's Made. It's a cool show on the Science Channel that shows you how things are made. Today's show is about how mannequins, hypodermic needles and believe it or not, how socks are made! I keep hearing bits and pieces and boy are they bragging how fast a sock can be made on a machine vs a human! Well LA DI DA!! I may not be fast but my yarn is much nicer than plain vanilla white!!

Speaking of my socks, I am still on sock #1. I apparently dropped a stitch but didnt notice it until I was 7 rows past it. I'm a bit of a tight knitter so it never went anywhere, it just sort of stuck out. It took me awhile to figure out what happened, but once I did I realized I did it early on and needed to rip out all that I just did! BLECH. And then I had to rip back a couple more rows since I couldnt pick up all the stitches with my size 2 needle, they kept slipping down.....Pulled out the 000 needle, got them all back on and did a couple of rows just to get it all back to normal. And its not as if I'm doing anything fancy! Just stst on the foot.......I'll take a picture of it tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a completed sock done by then.

I hate visiting the frog pond unless its to see one of these guys......

4 comments:

Dee said...

Sorry you had to rip back. Do you know how to pick up your lost stitch with a crochet hook? If not, I can show you next time we get together. It's easy.

stitcherw said...

Lovely pictures as usual, I'm so envious of your weather. Sorry about the frogging, but the little tadpole you caught on camera was cute. :)
Sue

Deborah said...

tell those guys watching the science channel that if they aren't careful, they will be stuck wearing tube socks for life!

Vivian said...

Love the squirrel on the roof picture. They never stay long enough for me to take a decent picture, or maybe I'm never fast enough. Helps to have little dogs chasing after them too, all I get is a bushy blur.