Friday, January 26, 2007

A Busy Week

Where do I even start?? I've made 3 different trips to the doctor this week. Both kids were sick, #1 Son has allergy-induced asthma and Baby Girl has bronchitis. Fun fun fun. Thankfully they are both doing much better now that we adjusted their meds.

I also went to the dr. If you've been following the blog, I was really sick in Dec, got put on some major antibiotics and the day I ended my meds is the day I broke out into what I thought were hives. The dr put me on different meds to get rid of the hives (which didnt work) so when I went in, it turns out I don't have hives, I have erythema nodosum. It's a reaction from the meds I was on and even though they can be annoying and painful, they won't kill me.

Thank God for small favors. Blech.

Oh and did I mention that they can last for MONTHS?!?! Double blech.

I'm on Naproxin (Aleve) and it has made a difference. My joints don't hurt anymore and neither do the bumps. But they still look ugly. Thankfully with the weather we've been having, I can wear pants.

Speaking of the weather, we've been COLD!! Not as cold as the folks up north, but cold for us Floridians. It has been in the 40s in the AM and only warming up to the 50s by the afternoon. Ocala had the freeze warnings but us here by Mickey's house thankfully avoided that. It really wouldnt be so bad but it was rainy yesterday and WINDY today. It makes it feel so much colder.

Since its been so cold, we've kept all the cats inside.

Samaria


Caesar (who turned 17 today)


Princess


Tiger


and Lucy


Yes Lucy. She came to our house last Saturday and never left. Probably had something to do with the fact that the IO fed her. Once we named her it was all over. I REALLY don't want 5 cats but Lucy seems to have adopted us and just wont leave. Needless to say my house was a literal zoo last night with ALL FIVE cats in the house. The cat litter boxes have multiplied. Thankfully Caesar is an outdoor cat and I thought Lucy was too, but she seems quite content to stay inside. She's little, abt 6 months I would say. She was in GREAT shape when she found us; I think she may have been a holiday present that somebody decided was too much trouble. I've been asking around if anybody lost a cat, but so far, nobody is claiming her. Everybody is tolerating each other (for the most part).

With all the running around I've been doing between work, house and school functions, I haven't been knitting as much as I'd like, BUT I did finish knitting on the needle roll.

It only measures 28" long (I was shooting for 36"), but that is all the yarn I had so it will be enough. I'll felt it down and see if the finished size will hold my spns or my dpns. I think the yarn would make a really interesting sweater, I like the way the colors change, but I'm not happy with the tightness of the spun yarn. Some areas were much looser than others. Either way I'm done with it and can't wait to felt it this wknd.

Now I just need to figure out what the next project will be........

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yuck! Sorry to hear you've all been sick, but it sounds like you're all on the mend. That's a good thing.

Love your kitties :)

Dee said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

The kitty pictures are adorable. They pose very nicely for you.

stitcherw said...

The kittys look very comfortable, and Lucy looks very much at home. Looking forward to seeing your finished needleroll, the colors did mix really well.

Sorry to hear you've been feeling ill, hope you all feel well soon and stay that way.
Sue