It's Official

I can't seam a sweater to save my life. I did it and I got better as I went along, but I'm not thrilled with it. Then again I'm not thrilled with the sweater. The sleeves are too short. Its more of a 3/4 length sweater. It's long enough, but the sleeves aren't. I would do this pattern again but as a vest. And in the round. Here it is being modeled by #1 Son.

I'm sending it anyway since they accept sweaters and vests. This falls in the middle. I included what was left of the yarn (a walnut sized ball of brown) just in case they need to fix any mistakes or narrow up the neck. Its a bit wide but it depends on who is going to wear this sweater. An older kid would need the extra room. I'll start a pair of socks as well and that will be it for this campaign.

In other news, here is a picture of my sky.

It was white this AM and it's still white, just a brighter white.

And my sunflowers are doing really well.

The birds did a great job. I couldn't have done as well if I tried!

I've been working in the office, but I've hit my fabric pile and it's like hitting a brick wall. I have WAY too much fabric and I'm not sure what I'm going to with it all. I think I'm going to have to start sewing again........I have a lot of patterns that are on the last size to fit Baby Girl so if I want to use them, I have to do it now. For the moment, I'm going to sort out all the novelty fabrics (most of them are already in the same general area) and finish the 3 quilts I've got going. I want to finish off alot of what I've got going on if for nothing else to show me what I have and what I want to recycle elsewhere.


Does that mean I have to move?!?

Comments

stitcherw said…
The flowers look great, so summery. I really like sunflowers, can't wait for summer to be back so I can have some.

Congrats on finishing the sweater, I must have missed an entry though, where are you sending it to?
Sue
Diane said…
Well, you had the same problem that I did with my sweater; sleeves are too short. Did kids have shorter arms when that pattern was written? lol. I still haven't finished seaming mine since I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the sleeves.
Diane said…
Ok, I decided to do another sweater and work on the sleeve length. Once I figure it out I'll frog my first sweater and fix the sleeves. Kids must have had freakishly short arms when this pattern was written. lol

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon