Saturday Spa

Everybody has been to a home party at least ONCE in their lives. It used to be Tupperwear, then Mary Kay. I've been to a TON of Pampered Chef parties along with Party Lite and Southern Living. I've also been to a jewelry party (NOT Sarah Coventry, which just popped into my head while typing this. I suddenly remember going to a SC party with my mom when I was 10, but I digress). However today I went to the best one. A spa party.

A friend of mine mentioned going to one abt a month ago and this was TOTAL news to me. I've never heard of such a thing. Boy I wish somebody around here would have one. Then WHAMO! My next door neighbor tells me that she is selling this stuff (canNOT remember the name of the product) and that she is having a spa party today. After a week of kid friendly plans, this was right up my alley.

I go over around 3pm. I walk into her house, or what used to be her house. Today its transformed into a spa. She has soothing music on and candles lit. The drapes are drawn and subdued lighting is scattered thruout. Its nice and cool (today we had a high of 86 and remember I STILL have no a/c) and quiet. I'm in heaven.

There were a total of 5 of us girls plus my neighbor who is hosting the party. We have parafin type things for our hands (this was the BEST!), soothing foot creme, facials and a demo of micro dermabrasion. It was W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. Once we were done we had some more wine and some petit fours. I have to wait until some money comes in, but I will SO be buying some of that hand stuff along with some body lotion.

I was exhausted when I went and completely relaxed when I got home. Baby Girl popped out her elbow yesterday and we thought we had it back in before she went to sleep but it wasnt. She woke up at 5:30 crying because she was in pain but she didnt want to go to the hospital. As I'm trying to get her to go back to sleep, the cat steps on her elbow and pops it back in place. Gotta love that cat!!! Hospital trip averted but so was sleep. The spa party was just what I needed. I'm just happy I didn't fall asleep, but I DID tell them to nudge me in case I started to snore.

Here is my Saturday Sky.


I love the way the clouds look when the sun is setting.
Now if I can get the rugrats to set as well.

Comments

Dee said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee said…
What I was going to say before I forgot how to spell.....

Glad baby girl is "doing" okay.

The spa party sounds like a lot of fun.
stitcherw said…
Your spa party sounds wonderful, very relaxing. I've heard of the other parties you mentioned, but never a spa one, what fun. Glad baby girl's elbow is doing better, hopefully it stays in place now and doesn't give her any more trouble.
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon