Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday Sky

It took me a day, but my body finally realized that school/work/ballet and all the responsibilities that go along with it all are over and it responded accordingly. I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a truck. Oh and did I mention that it was 11:45 by the time I woke up?? The insane one took the kids out and about after lunch, and guess what I did? I watched one show and then proceeded to take a 3 hour nap. It's abt 10:30 at night now and while I feel better than I have all day, I can tell you that I'll be going back to sleep shortly.

With all the sleeping going on today I completely forgot abt the sky. Which explains this picture.

You can barely see the colors in the sky from the sun going down. Oh well, the sun was not my friend today so I guess I needed it to be dark before I could rise. I'll start to worry if I grow fangs and crave blood.......

Believe it or not, I *did* actually finish something today!!

I was SO close to finishing it last night, I literally only needed one more strand to finish the backstitching and to sign it. But I was tired and figured I'd finish it this wknd. It's the most I did all day. I measured the final piece and I think I'm going to sew some fabric around it to frame it (since I added the posts, I'm no longer centered) and then I'll stuff it slightly, add a ribbon and hang it in the laundry room. I also have to find a frame for my Smile piece as well. A 3x3 frame is not easily accessable and will require a special trip to the bigger Michael's or JoAnn's a few towns over.

Meanwhile I need to find another small one to start. I really like the fact that I've finished 2 cross stitch projects in such a short period of time. And I also think its time to pull out Too Pooped. I can relate to him a lot these days....

3 comments:

Jane said...

Very cute cross stitch - that was a quicky!

stitcherw said...

That turned out adorable, it will be a fun one for a laundry room. Glad you were able to get caught up on your rest. It's amazing how the body just keeps going, but when it knows that it can slow down for a bit it just totally crashes. I seem to have been doing a fair amount of sleeping this holiday weekend as well. Looking forward to seeing Too Pooped.
Sue

lissylaine said...

Congratulations, your laundry cross stitch looks great! You know, I completely forgot that I had added posts to mine - glad to hear you could use the idea too. :)