Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Gotta Do Something......

...or else the fiber will take over the house!!! I get in my moods for eBay. Sometimes I can just browse, other times I gotta spend. I don't seem to have this problem with other on-line shops (even though I'm still trying to fight against the sale at Knit Picks), but its the thrill of the hunt for a good bargain that gets me.

I just got out of an eBay frenzy. Here's my haul.


Summer is the perfect time to look for leftover wool bits. It's warm and you have a few people cleaning out their stash for the new lighter weight yarns. So I got some nice wool yarn that I can't wait to try. AND I've been wanting a yarn winder for abt a month now and I was searching on line at a few places. This was the cheapest I found at $34.25 INCLUDING SHIPPING! Not bad, esp since it was new in the box!! I've been looking for a swift, but those are pricey. During a google search, I came across this. My order should be here by the beginning of next week!

Last month I got this.

2.2lbs of Lopi and Cascade and some alpaca for only $18, again INCLUDING SHIPPING! I canNOT wait to start working on this stuff either. What's nice abt this is that I can work on some nice yarn and decide if its something that I like or don't like before I pay alot of money for it. And with my new winder I can make them into pretty cakes! I'm thinking of using some of that Lopi to make my nephew a sweater for this winter. He'll be 3 so he's still little enough that I should have enough to make him a sweater. And living in NY means he'll get lots of use out of it.

Last night I was gifted this....

Now that's a LOT of acrylic!! A friend of mine found out that I knit and said she had some yarn to give me. I never say no to a gift so there you have it. I like the colors so I will make some charity squares and baby items out of it. Needless to say, I don't need any more acrylic!!

I've been throwing these bags into my closet and I'm starting to lose sight of what I have. I need to go thru it and get some plastic tubs to store it in. Just when I think I'm making a dent in the yarn, more comes to live with me. And I specifically avoided the summer sale that my LYS was having because I already have so much. Oh well, it could be worse. Now where's that winder.....

4 comments:

stitcherw said...

Pretty stash, the colors are lovely. Your yarn does seem to multiply quickly though, LOL. I don't think you'll need to worry about running out in the near future. The acrylics will make lovely mats for the animal shelter.
Sue

Dee said...

I love the idea of the Tinker Toy swift. Too bad the Tinker Toys are so expensive.

Diane said...

What wonderful bargins. You can definately find some great things on ebay as long as you don't get carried away.

I couldn't resist the lure of knitpicks sale. Too much pretty yarn ....

Sandie Knapp said...

Having a good stash means you always have yarn to work with, it's just finding the right pattern that takes thinking about. Have fun with all that lovely yarn. I'm sure you won't be at a loss for something to knit. LOL