Virtual Vacation!!!

A lot of people have plans for the summer. I am not one of them. We may do a wknd here and there, but as far as getting away for a week or 3, it doesn't look like that will happen. So instead I will go on a virtual vacation. Or, more specifically, I will join the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap! I've never joined a swap before, but from what I've seen, most swaps turn out great and are a lot of fun. So here we go!!

First up, the questionnaire.

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
I would love to go to Alaska. I had some friends take a cruise to Alaska and they said it was breathtaking!! I would love the wide open spaces and the cooler weather. This would also provide me another chance to wear some of my hand knit things. We have a short time span to show off our knits when living in Florida.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
This one is SO hard for me to choose!! The only time I left the country was when we went to Puerto Rico when I was 11 and there are a LOT of places I'd love to visit! I think I'd like to go to Italy. I'd like to take a tour of the local flavor, but I'd like to spend the majority of my time in Tuscany (or Toscana). I would love to rent a house for a month and just relax.........

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Yes. We drive to NY and go thru 6 or 7 states while doing it.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
Does Epcot count?

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
I would say it was my 10th anniversary. We went back to the same cabin we went to for our honeymoon and it was just wonderful. It was the last trip we took before we had kids, so we were on our own schedule, not kid schedule. Plus we were in NC near the Smokies and the views were GORGEOUS!!!

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
Yes I have! Living in Florida means we get a lot of company. Most of its family, but a couple of times we've had friends from Russia come to visit. You dont realize how much we have in the States until somebody from outside comes to visit. These were friends of family who were going to fly into Miami, rent a car and drive around! YIKES!! So we picked them up and they stayed with us for a week (did I mention that we never met before? They were friends of my SIL) They were originally from Denmark but living in St Petersburg Russia. I showed them the local flavor, but the high points? Cruise control on the car! And all the syrups available at IHOP. And getting fresh cheesecake from Publix every night. We had SO much fun with them.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
Yes, yes and yes.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
Right now, its all the luscious sock yarns available.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
Anything in the novelty area. Not a big fan.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
I LOVE to knit socks, portable and much more likely to be worn than big bulky sweaters. I like to knit for my kids (small items = fast projects). I have plans for a couple of short sleeved tees for this smmer. I also like to knit items for charity.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
Socks! And the occasional scarf.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
I like to cross stitch and to quilt. I just wish I had more time for it all.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
Too much mohair will make me sneeze. And as far as treats, I'm not allergic, but I can't eat anything from the sea and I'm not a big coconut fan.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
Favorites are reds, blues, purples. Least favorites, hmmmm, I guess greens and oranges (unless its in a fall colorway).

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Sweet then savory.

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
None that I can think of.


Ok there you have it. This swap promises to be very interesting, with games and prizes thru out the summer.


SHHHHHH. I'm already on vacation.......

Comments

stitcherw said…
Fun questions, and the exchange sounds fun too. As to the picture, don't you love it when their little tongues peek out like that, too cute.
Sue
Dee said…
Love precious Lucy!
How cool! I can't wait to see how the swap goes!

Ah, yes, kitties are *always* on vacation! :o)
Sharon said…
Thank you for stopping by my blog!!

To me Epcot does count!!!

Good thing you picked up your friends up from Miami, BTDT don't need to say more ;-) (we hav family there)
Vivian said…
This sounds like fun! Think I might just steal the idea. The swap is close, but I can still post the questions and answers on my blog, right?

I want to go to Alaska too. Perfect place for a summer vacation.
Dave said…
Alaska is beautiful. I lived "up north" for two years 30-odd years ago and loved it. I'd love to go back some time.

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon