Are you ready for some football?

I'm a Dol-Fan and I'm not afraid to admit it. That being said, I'm also a bit of a jaded fan. The Miami Dolphins make me crazy. We get SO close to doing well (think the Dan Marino reign) but then we tank a really important game. The key word back then was POTENTIAL. We had SO much potential. Danny broke all the records, but couldnt get a single ring. He could break a couple of records during a single game, but we'd still lose the game. Sigh. Then we changed quarter backs and coaches a couple of times that I can't keep track anymore. But I will always be a Dol-Fan. I remember the perfect season and back to back Super Bowls and can hope and dream it could happen again.

Meanwhile I don't expect much. Saturday was the first pre-season game. I watched the first half and the Dolphins were doing lousy. At half time I ended up shutting off the game when the score was 10-3. So what happens? We WIN!! 18-17. I just watched the highlights and cant believe we pulled it out at the end. Let's hope this keeps up.

During all of this chaos, I cast on for my Football KAL. Since I'm working with a limited amt of yarn, I've cast on for both socks and will be working them at the same time so that when/if I run out of yarn, it will be in the same areas for both.

I *think* I'll be ok, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.



And on a final note, let's play a little cat and mouse.......

Comments

Gnat said…
Football KAL??? Where can I find that??? I'm a big Bucs fan...so we'll see how this year goes.
Carol said…
I saw your comment over at Bark N Knit's and had to say hi! Hi! Don't forget, the Fins always come from behind at the end! Just a shame we fizzle late in the season. Wah...
Dee said…
Ohhhhh, what a cute little fluffkin!
Maddie said…
oh my goodness! that is the cutest little kitten i've ever seen! i'm a fellow knit-a-longer =) getting excited for some football?!?!
Anonymous said…
Hmmm... football fan that gives me an idea.
http://www.xanga.com/aksunflour
Ooooooh! I love the 'Cat & Mouse' pic!!!

Congrats on the win, but if they play the Steelers, sorry babe, but I'll be on the other side of the field! :o)
stitcherw said…
He looks so cute all curled up and sleeping, they are so adorable at that age. Love the color of your blue socks, I'll keep my fingers crossed that your yarn amount is sufficient so that you don't have to work in a second color.
Sue
Thomas J. Brown said…
Kitteh... So... Cute...

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon