The Neverending Projects

I was working on Queen Ann last night and after I finished just one strand of floss, I had to put it away. Way too many greens. Ugh. I need to start something new. All of my xs projects have been around for a LONG time. The biggest reason, they are big and involved and I get tired of working on so many different shades of the same color. It makes for a beautiful finished project, but a very tedious stitch. Here are my before and after pictures of QAL.



I started Ann (she's been around so long, we are on a first name basis) back in 2000. Bag Ladies and Maggie were started in 2001 (Maggie was the day after 9/11. I figured if we were all going to be blown to bits, I needed to at least start her). Too Pooped is the baby of the group, but even he's been around for over a year. I need to find something else. I mentioned the Kelly Kats but those are mostly black. Which means I need to take a stash dive. I'll keep you posted as to what I come up with......


Lucy: Does this mean you will go into the forbidden closet?!?

Comments

Deborah said…
you amaze me with your needlepoint. So far it is really beautiful!
Dee said…
Where's Lucy's OTHER ear????

What are you bringing to stitch on at NeedleOrts?
Carol said…
Lovely! I remember reading something someone said a long time ago about samplers, "It's a good thing we don't have to stitch on the start date!" Such is stitchery :) I love seeing them take their shape and presence.
SusieH said…
Well, they may take forEVER bu the projects you are working on are absolutely gorgeous...
tkdchick said…
Your WIP is lovely! A little bit here and there and she'll be done!
stitcherw said…
Ann is pretty, but all those greens would be hard to stick with. Oh well, one stitch at a time (or in this case length of floss) and eventually she'll get done. :)
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon