Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekend Update

In true Florida fashion, as SOON as I sent Saturday's post, we got slammed by a storm. Nature just wanted to prove me wrong. It rained for abt 20 min with a fantastic light show, but then it was all done. Apparently, though, when I watched the news last night, we were one of the few places that didn't get like 3" of rain. We got less than an inch. Still, its better than nothing.

Today the weather is similar. This is what I see when I look out my back window.


And this is what I see when I look out my front.


And it's getting worse. Amazing huh? Again, true Florida fashion. The crazy thing abt where I live, I'm in the center of a cluster of lakes, and for some reason, it can be pouring down rain within a mile of me on all sides, but I can be dry. I guess its my mini lake effect.

I'm still slowly working thru my craft room. Today I was working on one of the bookshelves with all the photo albums. Its hard to get them in order w/OUT looking thru them, and since I've been taking pictures from the late 70s, its taken me all afternoon to organize them!! But it was fun looking at pictures I haven't seen in a long time and the albums are now in order. I've also thinned out some of my cookbooks and sewing books. I looked thru my quilting books, and even though I dont do much quilting anymore, I can't part with any of them. I still have 5 shelves to go thru, but I won't get thru them tonight. These are the worst of the bunch and I think I'm going to wait until the kids are in school and I have a few hours of uninterrupted time before I try to tackle them.

I did do some stitching earlier today, I'm working more on the window frame. I'm starting to get sick of the brown (more browns!) so I put it away.

But this is a lot of the window sill and a good foundation that I can start to move to other portions of the pattern w/o having to worry abt throwing my count off.

I also worked on my knitting last night. One more repeat for my shawl which means I'm just over 1/2 way thru. I've got 42 repeats done.

The fact that I'm 1/2 way there really gives me incentive to get this finished. My goal is Oct 1st.

And I've been working on my football socks. I REALLY like working on them in phases, it makes me feel like I'm really making progress.

I lost one of my needles last night. I think its under the couch, so I'll be getting my workout tomorrow as well!

Oh and remember the stormy sky from the beginning of this post? It's come and gone, dropped some rain and added another fabulous light show. The old saying is true; if you don't like the weather, give it 5 min. It will change.*

*unless its hot. THAT stays forever!

7 comments:

Dee said...

We went through a tremendous rain storm on the way home from Winter Park. At my house --- less than 1/4 inch! Amazing!

Your shawl is coming along nicely.

Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!

Janet said...

hold on.. I thought only Alaskans had that weather saying- wait 5 min.

We had thunder today... I was outside and heard it. Then asked DH was that thunder? It is getting kind of late in the year for thunder storms here.

Good luck knitting- I am burned out again. So lots of video games for me.

SusieH said...

Well done on the photo orgnazing - that's one of my projects for when the kids head back to school, too! The shawl looks fantastic - I love the feather and fan stitch ; it's so graceful.

stitcherw said...

You do seem to be stitching things that have a lot of one color lately. However, as you said you now have a good point to count off of to be able to stitch a different area.

Your shawl and socks are looking great. Maybe doing both socks at the same time is the best way, that way you don't end up with one done and the other forever sitting in a WIP pile like someone I know. :)
Sue

Singular Stitches said...

If you say 'Lake Effect' around my neck of the woods, we all think Snow!

The Dolphins socks are coming along nicely! You're an optomist about the missing needle, particular with Felines in your household!

I bought some Steelers (yes, that's the name of the colorway!) for a pair of Christmas socks for my Mum.

Singular Stitches said...

And I really like your shawl! That looks like the Mom Scarf I made for MIL last Christmas. Feather and Fan is such fun pattern to knit!

Very pretty!

Carol said...

Same here with the weather. I keep waiting for this big system, but it doesn't want to party! I'd just like to know where you find all the time! Do you ever sleep?