Freedom Friday

Due to recent events, it looks as if I won't be working in the office anymore. Yesterday's post would have been a major rant, but I never got a chance to write it. In a nut shell, I'm being given more responsibility and they are cutting my salary by $12.50. When I questioned it, one of the reasons I was told was that the new salary was a nice round number.

Seriously.

SERIOUSLY!

So after talking with the IO, I am leaving. This of course will add MORE financial issues to our life, but it's pushing the IO to get serious abt going back into computers. He promises to send out 5 resumes this wknd. Of course there are no guarantees, but the programming language he deals with is in high demand for people so I'm hoping that it wont take too long for him to be hired.

I plan on giving them 2 weeks, but with me being back for only 2 weeks, I'm not sure if they will even have me stay past Monday. So even though I won't be bringing in money and it will be THAT much harder financially, it's amazing how much better I feel!!

On a more fiberly note, I've been knitting socks!

These are some baby socks that I'm knitting up for Children in Common. They are looking for 200 pairs of socks by the end of the month, and with almost 700 people on the Yahoo group, we have a pretty good shot of making it. I used THIS pattern. Using size 7 dpns with worsted weight wool makes for a quick sock!! I can cast on at 8pm and be done with it by 10pm!! I *may* do another pair in tan, but not sure yet. Either way, I do plan on Kool-Aid dyeing these two pairs.

And now that I will no longer have to schlep to an office, I will be able to get the house back in some kind of order and MAYBE find that baby pattern book. Or cast on for another baby outfit, which means it will surely show up then!!

Comments

Dee said…
Look at the upside ... you can come stitch with us again!!!

Seriously though ... bummer about the job. They obviously are making a big mistake letting you go.

Hope all goes well with IO's job hunt.
Carol said…
I'm really sorry about the $, but happy it makes you feel better:) Can't buy that anywhere! I'd love to get my hands on that patterns, but it doesn't want to show (?)
Hey! We're unemployed together!
Janet said…
Bugger it... hope that IO finds a better job soon. Wish that I could laid off work so that my DH would go find a real job. But that isn't going to happen as there is statewide shortage of lifeguards. (we will have to shut down if we don't get more guards though!).

So now more knitting and quilting time. Maybe an etsy store?
Jane said…
Well, I guess that calls for both a bummer and a congratulaations. I hope IO gets a great job, and soon, too. Enjoy your new freedom!
Sandie Knapp said…
Sorry about the job lady. But I think you did the right thing. The reason they get away with that kind of crap is because so many need the work (money) so badly, so they put up with being shafted.

Cute baby socks. Do you always use size 7 needles when knitting in worsted? I did a pair for myself using worsted, and I used size 4 needles, and I think I could even go down another size.

Hope you have a great weekend. ME :)
SusieH said…
Sweet little socks. I cross my fingers, toes and ears that IO will get a good offer soon and that juggling the $$ wil work oK meanwhile. :)
stitcherw said…
I'm so sorry work turned out that way. I hope your DH finds something soon. The little socks are so cute, someone is going to have very happy feet. :)
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon