Last Thursday the Mobil down the street was $2.85. I knew it would be going up soon since the price of oil per barrel was rising and so were the other local gas stations. I tell myself I need to fill up the tank.
Friday at noon it was still $2.85. Three hours later it was $2.93.
This morning it was $2.99. By 1:30 its up to $3.03.
I have yet to get gas.
The fact that gas has gone up almost $.20/gal in 4 days is scary.
Then I think that this only means paying an extra $3 for a full tank; that's not SO bad.
HOWEVER, when I think I'm paying over $3 per gallon and it takes me almost $50 to fill up my van, it just makes me wonder how bad it's going to get....
At least we dont have assigned days to get gas, like we did in the 70s. We just have that with our water.
Before you know it, we'll be paying for air. (think Spaceballs)
Vivian tagged me last week to list 7 random facts about me.
1. I'm perpetually 5 min late. Always. When I worked for the newspaper, it wasnt a big deal since I was the first one in. When I worked for the bank, it made my boss nuts since I was consistently 5 min late. Since I stayed late and never took my breaks, I never understood why this was an issue.
2. Once I was warned that I would be written up if I didnt stop coming in 5 minutes late, I changed my ways. I came in EXACTLY at 8am, took my breaks and left EXACTLY at 5pm.
3. This same job made me so stressed, I ended up on heart meds.
4. Two months after I left, I was off the heart meds.
5. One year later I found out my boss from the bank that caused all my issues was fired and escorted from the building.
6. My 4 page exit interview was part of the reason why.
7. Obviously there were other issues involved, but don't MESS with me abt being 5 min late!!!
If you want to play, consider yourself tagged.
Lucy says, "May the schwartz be with you!