Monday Project Update

I went from having nothing to knit on to having a few projects to choose from. And I will probably add one more.

First up, the scarf

I worked on it all morning long to finish it. I think it came out nice and that she will love it. I used all of the black acrylic, 2 full skeins of the boa and a couple of yards of the 3rd skein of boa for a scarf 62" long. And since she picked out the yarn for herself, I know she'll wear it. Now what to do with the other 2 skeins of boa yarn.......Probably a fun scarf for the kids to play with, but I have to wait a bit, I really don't like knitting with the stuff.

That's the only finished item, but I've got a few WIPs.
The cat blankie


Delaney's sock


#1 Son's sock


My sweater


I want to cast on a sweater for my 3 y/o nephew. It's with bulky yarn so it shouldn't take me too long to do.

And on a final note, I have a favorite new movie, Enchanted. It was fabulous! My sisters are out visiting and we all went to see it yesterday, including the IO. We ALL loved it. I may have to see it again in the theatre before it goes away. And I'm definitely buying the DVD. If you are a McDreamy fan, it only adds to it. When he has his true love's first kiss, ~swoon~. Too bad I didnt have a pause button....... Yes it's PG so it wasn't a passionate kiss, it was a sweet kiss, but it was on the big screen zoomed in for a couple of seconds. Hence the pause button. Or slow motion........

I gotta put the a/c on.

Comments

That scarf came out awesome! I bet it's soft, too.

Thanks for the recommendation on the movie. The kiddo keeps asking to go see it.
Beth said…
McDreamy> Swooning? Must.See.This.Movie...

Wanna finish some of my knitting projects? I don't think you have quite enough right now :-)
Carol said…
Ooo!!! Ahhhhh. Love the new knits coming up! You're so fast!
aksunflour said…
The scarf is gorgeous- nice coloring. You could always make a matching hat for the scarf fringed w/the boa stuff.

Heat Wave! It is 45 degrees here today- and I stayed inside quilting instead of playing at the park.
stitcherw said…
Your WIP's are looking great, and I love the scarf. The color is so rich and it looks so soft and squishy. She'll love it.

Haven't had a chance to see Enchanted yet, but the previews looked cute so it is on my list.
Sue
Life's a Stitch said…
Just watched the trailer - wow - that is some feel good movie. It's definitely on my list,
Li
Dee said…
You are so funny!!!! LOL
Nan said…
I am not taking the time to read your most current post right now, I promise I will come back and do so soon, but I wanted to take this opportunity to ask you if you would be interested in coming over to my blog and vote on the contest entries I have posted. I would like to see if I can get unbiased opinions in the voting process by asking people who didn't enter to come and vote, and am asking bloggers I read to visit me over the weekend to help with this. Thanks!!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon