Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It Happens Occasionally

We had THIS as we were heading out to school yesterday.


Considering we were just frolicking in the sprinklers less than 48 hours earlier, it feels REALLY cold!! But the great part abt living here is that by Friday, it will be back into the 70s. When I read all of your blogs and see all the snow, I am just in awe. It's BEAUTIFUL to look at, but I can't imagine having to deal with cold and snow on a daily basis for months on end. Even when I lived in NY for 5 years, Long Island doesn't get that much snow so we still didn't have to shovel that often. You guys are made of hearty stock.

And it would probably help if I put on clothes warmer than just shorts, a t-shirt and wool socks.

However, the cold weather REALLY gets the knitting mojo working and I finished this little pair of socks for the expected niece.

They are close to being identical, even though one has a bit of red on the tip. I always end up with the tips being different. I used Moda Dea's Sassy Stripes in Crush, the same yarn I used for Baby Girls poncho, and size 3 needles. Cast on 32 stitches and knit a basic ribbed sock sized 6-12mo. I have just a little left over, not enough for a hat, so the rest may go in the ongoing cat blankie.

I'm hoping to knit up another pair (or 2) before I mail out her package at the beginning of the year. I'm starting to gather up all the stuff I want to send out to my sil, and guess what? I can't find the pink sweater I made!!! Obviously it's in the house somewhere, but the question is where? I stuck it someplace *safe*. I have a feeling that its in that mountainous fabric pile on the craft table. At least I hope so. I really thought it was in the closet but I can't seem to find it. Guess this means I'll need to clean it out huh?


Somebody knows how to stay warm!

4 comments:

Dee said...

Whiiiine! I don't like the cold!

All summer I waited for this weather and now I don't like it!

Hope you find your pink sweater.

Vivian said...

The baby socks are incredibly cute! make me want to squeeze the feet going inside.

aksunflour said...

I am starting to think that I have arthritis in my hips (need to somewhere warm).

As for warm shoes.... I still wear my teva's (sandals)- they do look odd when I put the ice grippers on the bottom of them.

Love the baby socks- the stripes are so adorable!

Patricia said...

Yeah, another Floria knitter and sock lover to boot!