Saturday Stuff

We keep Christmas rather low key here at Happy Acres, so I don't have the crazyness that alot of you are going thru right now. However I *am* having my in laws stay at my house while the IO and I (hopefully) get away for a couple of days. This means sleep over company that will eventually come into my bedroom.

YIKES!

So all day Friday I've been cleaning my bedroom, getting rid of stuff I don't need, organizing the craft pile next to the bed, going thru the pile of magazines. I started a system a few years back where instead of throwing magazines away, I put them in the botton drawer to look at the following year. I figured they put the same articles in the magazines around the same time each year so I'll just save it for the next year to read and not spend money on another magazine. (I know, I'm weird). This actually worked quite well and it proved to me that they DO repeat similar articles around the same time each year. If I started falling behind again, I'd just rotate them back in for the following year.

Apparently I did this a few times......



I was surprised by this one!


It is now sitting in the bathroom and I'm reading it in 5 min increments.

I also found something that I want to start in January.

I bought this a year or two ago and yesterday was the first day I opened it. I figure it'll be like joining a Block-a-Month club, and that is doable. And by next year, I should have a finished quilt. The fact that I still like it is a good sign.

Another good sign is that I found Delaney's sweater.

I got off as many fuzzy areas as possible and I think it's going to be ok. I'm still not totally thrilled with it, but it's the yarn I used, not the pattern. The yarn is Bernat's Cotton Tots and I'm really disappointed in how it pilled and fuzzed after only one washing. The pattern was great. It's a wrap sweater and I got the pattern from here. I'd definitely use it again.

Last, but not least, I want to thank everybody who commented on Baby Girl. However that picture was taken around Thanksgiving when she was really sick. Right now they are both well and hopefully they will stay that way.

And if anybody came here for a sunny Saturday sky, avert your eyes, 'cause you ain't gonna to see it here......




Whatever you may be doing this coming week, have a safe one.

Comments

aksunflour said…
Actually I thought we were pretty low- key up here. (that is until I lost a bag full Christmas presents)
SusieH said…
GREAT idea to keep and read seasonal magazine articles another year, if you're keeping them at all! Good luck finishing up the guest preps. We are done with all our preps here for CHristmas, just need to hit the grocery today because things are closed for the better part of 3 days, and hit the mailroom on base tomorrow to collect any last minute packages.
Dee said…
I would be SO embarrassed for ANYONE to see my magazine/book piles. 2003 is not bad. I had a Southern Living last month that was from 1997!

However, you are very right. Year to year the magazines change very little (some right down to having almost identical covers).

Looks like we read many of the same magazines. Why does this NOT surprise me? LOL
stitcherw said…
I think magazines, especially around holidays, do tend to repeat a bit. However, in many cases a good article, or receipe, also has a quality that will make it relevant for quite a while too. I have quiet a few magazines which are older which I plan to read some day for that very reason.

The sweater looks wonderful. Glad you're not going too crazy with last minute Christmas stuff. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.
Sue
SusieH said…
Wanna know something funny? I just referred to our place as Happy Acres in my blog tonight. Obviously my subconscious was carrying it from reading your blog. Teehee!
Life's a Stitch said…
Sweet little sweater. I'll have to try that one.

Merry Christmas!
Li
Carol said…
Glad to hear she's feeling better! I do the same thing with magazines! I inherited a few really old ones too, very interesting ;) Hope you guys are enjoying the season!
Patricia said…
That is so funny. I do the same with magazines. There's only so much that they can regurgitate. I do this with Marthe an Everyday Food.

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon