Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And Yet Another Meme

Here's the deal:

1. Go to the current book you're reading.
2. Go to Page 161.
3. Copy down the 5th sentence.


"We'll never have a baby of our own," he said softly.


YIKES! Well doesn't THAT sound depressing! I'm reading Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber and if you've ever read the series, that was the main character's husband comforting her abt not having kids. Despite the negative undertones, it really is a good book. She's such a great story teller and her books really come alive for me.

Another good series that I've been reading is by Maggie Sefton. She has a knitting mystery series that is really good. The first one was *okay*, but I really enjoyed the rest of them. So far there are four of them and I can't wait for the next one to come out.

Still not getting much done. I called the dr yesterday and they called in an antibiotic because they are so backlogged, they can't see me. Hopefully these meds will work with the rest that I'm taking and will kick this bug out of me. I have been working on a vest for CIC and want to do one more before I send it off. And the ever present #1 Son sock......I really should be done with it by now, but I'm SO sick of looking at it. And I really want to start another pair for me. I am LOVING my Lorna's Laces, they are so comfortable and fit so well, I want another pair just like them.

At least when I'm in bed, I've got my boys to keep be company.

4 comments:

stitcherw said...

So sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Hopefully the antibiotic will help and you'll be better soon. I'm sure resting with the guys will help too, they're adorable.

I love the Maggie Sefton knitting series. I just finished the last one that came out. I think she gets better with each one, and each time I read one it makes me what to knit, LOL.
Sue

Carol said...

Good thing you already have the baby of your own! A cute one too :) Nothing like a purring kitty to send you off to sleep too!

staci said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

I enjoy Maggie Sefton's books, esp since Ft Connor (Collins) is just up the road from me and I lived there at one time :)

Have you read Earlene Fowler's series? Those are my fave of the needlework mystery books.

aksunflour said...

At least you don't have the added stress of corporate America and being sick.

Hope you get well soon!