The Cat House

I am a cat person. My family has always owned cats and it has carried on thru me. We did own 2 dogs, but for the most part we owned cats. Ok maybe they owned us, but you get the point. I made a list of the cats my family has owned in my life time and it's amazing how many we have had over the years. Two dogs and 23 cats, 8 of which are still around. Ten of those have been mine since 1986.

Currently we have 5 under our roof. Of those five, four of them are around a year old, so apparently I'm passing on the feline trait of being owned by a cat to my kids.

January is a big kitty month at Happy Acres since this is when we acquired 3 of our 5 kitties. And its also the month one has a birthday. And my how they've grown! (or aged, depending on the kitty).

See this little kitten waving at you?


He turns 18 in less than 3 weeks.

Now why'd you have to go and remind me of that?!?


Two years ago we went thru a rough time when we lost 3 kitties. So last January we went to the shelter to get 2 more.

Princess


and Tiger


They were itty bitties


but a lot can change in a year.




Five days after we got the two new kittens, Lucy decided to join our family.

You know you want me!


See, I haven't aged a bit!

Apparently four cats isnt enough so one more joined our family.



I'd chew up that mouse now!!

They say every life should have 9 cats. The way I'm going it looks like I will have 9 lives myself to accomodate all the kitties in my life.

Comments

SusieH said…
They're all such beauties...I have been in kitty withdrawal lately.
aksunflour said…
Loved the kitty shots!
Athena did chew up most of cords- I got very good at putting Tabasco on everything so she didn't chew them up.
Sus said…
What a wonderful kittie retrospective! The last one there looks amazingly like my first cat ever. What a beaut!
Dee said…
Lucy has a very regal look.
KSee said…
It is so much fun to look at their baby pictures. thanks for putting this together.
Lynn, your cats are so cute... there is no way I would have been able to walk out of a shelter with any of them, too!
stitcherw said…
I love your Thurs. kitties, such fun pictures this time and last. You always seem to get such great pictures, and the captions you come up with make me smile.

Glad that your trip was such fun, although I'd have had a heart attack hearing someone trying to get into the room in the middle of the night. The Wild Fiber sounds like a fun place, I'll bet their shirts are just too cute. The new stash looks great too, especailly the two large skeins, they kind of remind me of a color that could be called chocolate covered cherries. Can't wait to see what you make with them.
Sue
Criquette said…
Cats are a necessity in my household. As much as I love my 2 dogs, canines are just icing on the kitty cake. Your 5 (6? 7? I lost count) are such sweeties!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon