A New Year

I tend to get misty around the dropping of the ball at midnight on New Year's Eve. It reminds me of all the years I've done this, of family members no longer around, of watching a young Dick Clark and an old Guy Lombardo. While standing in Time Square would be neat, I would LOVE to be all dressed up and in the old nightclubs, listening to Guy Lombardo or Ricky Ricardo with their bands, dancing and drinking champagne.


This is the 2nd year that #1 Son has stayed up for it. Baby Girl made it to 11:40pm. I even tried waking her up, but she wasn't budging. Thank goodness for the dvr.

I have no idea what the new year holds, but one thing is for sure, there will never be a dull moment.

Now I think I will wake up the IO for my New Year's kiss.

Comments

SusieH said…
Awwwwww...Happy New Year! I remember Guy Lombardo New Year's Eves as well. DS made it to midnight, DD fell out before 11, and DH was on crew rest so he was fast asleep somewhere hot :)
Sandie Knapp said…
I heard on the weather forecast that there is some cold weather heading your way. I hope you are prepared for it. I know it won't be white, as mine is, but all those warm socks should come in handy now. Mittens too, so I hope you are prepared. LOL

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)
stitcherw said…
Yup, like you I like the elegance and class that seems to be associated with that time period. Some of my favorite movies are from then too, like "Christmas in Conneticutt" which we watch every year as a Christmas tradition.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. I'm getting ready to go clear about 8 inches of snow out of my drive, yuck.
Sue
aksunflour said…
I would love to go to a gala event for New Year's Eve. That would be FUN.
As for watching the ball drop- this year I realized that we were watching "live coverage". Uh huh.... then why was it 11:30 pm our time and I know New York is 4 hours later? Well at least we get TV same day instead of 2 weeks later.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Carol said…
A very happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you and yours :)
Criquette said…
I must be getting old because my idea of a fun New Year's Eve is staying put at home watching TV and knitting!
Have a great 2008!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon