A Finish!!

It is DONE!!!!


The vest I started for #1 Son back in Oct 2006 is FINISHED! Here is a view of the back, click to make bigger to see the pattern better.


It's getting warmer here and I knew if I didn't finish it off soon, he wouldn't get to wear it this year either. That would be 2 winters missed, and with a growing boy, that leaves VERY little wiggle room. I blocked it out last night and covered it with a towel.

Good thing too.

I am finishing the blocking process for you. You should be happy. I accept payment in tuna or catnip only.

I had to run to JoAnn's this AM to get the buttons because I didn't have any matching ones. I quickly sewed them on abt a 1/2 hour before we left the house. I forgot the camera so couldn't get any pics of him looking spiffy, but I *did* make him put his nice shirt back on so I could take a pic of him wearing it.

He was not amused.....

Here is another shot of the back.


Ok here are the stats for this vest.

Date cast on: 10/23/06
Date seamed up: 2/10/08
Needles sized 4 & 6
Yarn used: Queensland Collection Uruguay DK
color 02 dye lot 221
70% wool, 20% alpaca, 10% silk


I bought 4 skeins and this is what I had left over.



I realized I was cutting it close when I was on the front panels and saw that they were almost taking a full skein each. THANKFULLY I had enough since I bought this yarn back in the summer of 2006 during a clearance sale. There'd be no finding another skein with the same dye lot.

I am so glad this vest is done and hopefully it will still fit next year. This is the pattern I used.


I used it once before back in 2001 when I made him the same vest when he was not quite 3.

(Oh I miss those pudgy arms!)

He got to wear it for 3 winters so I'm hoping the same will hold true with this one.

Now that this is done, I'm really itching to finish off his socks. I'm thinking of adding in a life line just before the toe decreases so that I can rip it back to either make it longer when he outgrows them or make it longer for me when he decides that he doesn't like them after all.

I think I'm going to stick to sewing for the boy.

Comments

KSee said…
Great job on the vest. The look on #1 face is priceless. Love your blocking helper. It was so nice of you to put that there!
Sandie Knapp said…
Congratulations!! Your son looks great wearing the vest too. I love the color!! And how kind of Tiger to help you in blocking it. I'm sure that was the trick that made it just right.

I wanted to pinch you when I saw the picture of your roses!! OMG I am SO JEALOUS!!!! hahaha That was so unfair of you. haha

My niece Jessica used to attend the Father/Daughter dance when she was a "youngun" and it was always such a wonderful event. I'm sure your little darling that a wonderful time, and that it meant a lot to her and Daddy both.

Have a great day! :)
Dee said…
Sewing is probably a good idea. It won't be too long before he's shooting up a couple of inches every other month.

Boys are like that, ya know.
aksunflour said…
Good job on the sweater! Looks like today is going to be a cool one for you.

Guess what? It's snowing! Yeah! No more below 0 temps for us until next November/December (might drop to -5 but nothing colder!).
Aw, that came out awesome! He may not look amused right now, but someday he'll appreciate that his Momma knit for him!

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon