Friday, February 08, 2008

The Life of a Parent

They say when you get married, your life is no longer your own.

That's not true.

It's when you have kids that it happens, and this week has been the perfect example of that.

Monday was the 100th day of school. When you are in 3rd grade, it's not that big of a deal, but when you are in kindergarten, it IS!


Even the IO got in on the fun as the 100 Year Old Man.

(I don't call him the Insane One for no reason!)

This week also included kid lunch dates, snack times, helping out teachers, ballet rehearsals, and another Terrific Kid.


Tonight is the finale with a Father/Daughter Sweetheart Dance. We've got the dress, the shoes and the tickets. The IO wanted to get a limo, but I reminded him that Baby Girl is ONLY in kindergarten. What does he plan on doing next year? A hot air balloon arrival?!? We'll save the special accessories for her final year there.

Thank goodness I feel better because there is NO way I could have done it all while sick. Ok no way I could have done it all AND ENJOYED IT while sick.

And did I mention my old employer had me come in on Wednesday to help out with a project? It will last awhile so I'll be going in once a week for the next month. And here I thought I quit.

When I left my office job back in 1998 to stay home with #1 Son, I was told I would be bored. That was almost 10 years ago and I have yet to be bored! In fact, I would welcome a bit of boredom right abt now.......

5 comments:

Carol said...

I'd like to be bored! Your little one is devastatingly cute! Definitely save the limo for high school~snort~ And kudos for being so good at your work that you were requested back!

Dee said...

Congrats to DD ---- she GOT her terrific kid!

Love IO as the 100-year-old man.

SusieH said...

Your DH cracks me up -what a guy!! And what a week around your neck of the woods :) Busy times!

aksunflour said...

Hold on your life is going to get busier as the kids get older!

Congrats on going back to work p/t.

Beth said...

omg! My Aaron just had the first 100 days of kindergarten last week! He got a T-shirt, too, though not as cute as yours.

I had never heard of celebrating this before. Must be something new -- any excuse to party!