Sunday Updates

I swear it's getting harder and harder to get on the computer on Saturdays. I think I need to set up some kind of schedule just so I can get on occasionally! I think I'll use tomorrow to get caught up on my blog reading. Everybody will be in school/work and it will just be ME!! BUHAHAHAHAHA!!

Ok enough of my maniacal behavior, let's get on to the good stuff. I know a lot of you come to see the beautiful skies and temps living in FL will give, but yesterday morning we had a front come thru and this was my morning sky


However, this IS Florida and if you wait a bit, the weather will change and we were back to this.



I will need to take a picture of those same trees in the summer. It's weird to see them not growing new leaves yet. We've had some trees that have not only flowered, but are already dropping them.

The rainy morning was perfect for knitting, so while it was drizzly outside, I cast on and finished these.

I kind of feel that these are too light to send out so I'm dyeing them in Cherry Kool-Aid as I type. I'll be posting a picture of the finished product either later today or tomorrow.

I LOVE these socks. You can literally make then in one day. The pink yarn is finally gone, and I still have a bit of the tan left. I can probably get another pair out of the tan and I may do them today. Or I may pull out the vest, I'm SO close to finishing that as well.

Once I finish both the vest and the 2nd pair of socks, I'll cast on for #1 Son's second sock and hopefully get them done before the end of the month.

What was the best part of the day?? Getting these in the mail!

Doesn't this look yummy?!? I got them from NH Knitting Mama. She was having a sale on Valentine's Day and since I've been debating on buying from her for awhile, it was just what I needed to go for it!!! She always posts such lovely yarns, and now I have proof they are as nice in person as they are pictured!!! She has an Esty shop and while I can't find the link at the moment, she has one on her blog so go stop by and see some of the new yarns up for grabs.

Comments

SusieH said…
That yarn looks scrumptious - is it a lace weight??
I'm so glad you like your yarn!

I like your 80 degree temperature - are we even yet? ha ha...
aksunflour said…
The yarn looks yummy!
LOL we were sunny and you weren't! Love the sky pix!
Carol said…
The socks are adorable! And that yarn is great! She does do great colors no?
stitcherw said…
Well we didn't get to your almost 80, but we did get sun and up to about 34 on Sunday, does that count? The sunshine at least was verrrrry welcome, it's been a while since we've seen it.

Congrats on finishing the socks, and your new yarn looks wonderful.
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon