Quilts Under a Saturday Sky

Gotta love March weather. Yesterday we were over 80+ degrees and today this is the warmest we will get.


But at least its sunny.

We've got some weather system coming thru that has brought 25mph consistent winds with gusts up to 40mph. Tonight we expect temps to drop into the 30s. That 50 degree drop can be hard on a body, but at least it gives me a chance to wear some of my knits a little longer.


Let's move on to Part II of the Virtual Quilt Show

Here is another one with a black background. How she got these pins to look as good as she did is beyond me.


Not all the quilts I liked were dark. This one had layers on the cabbage roses to give it some texture.



Love the colors in this one.


and another star one.


Here are some quilts that won ribbons









Look at the hand quilting on this one

and on this whole cloth quilt


and just a few more for good measure.











I hope you enjoyed the show. I know I did. I also did very well with the vendors, didn't buy much at all. What I find interesting is what the vendors bring to sell. It shows the local trends in quilting. There were batiks at every booth. There were some kid prints, but not much. And there were no flannels. NONE! The past two years vendors had flannels because people wanted them in their quilts. I guess this year they needed room for all the batiks.

Comments

Dee said…
The one with the safety pins is awesome!

Looks like a good show this year.
SusieH said…
The safety pin quilt? Wow!! That one with all the circles makes me eyes hurt :)

What amazing artistry - thanks for blogging the pics, Lynn!
aksunflour said…
Wow the artistic qualities that some people have just blow me away!

the safety pin quilt- oh my.

Not sure what my fave was though.

So flannels are out- and I am going to make 2 this year.

thanks for the warm temps photos.
And thank you for commenting on my contest... there just might be snow in the yard still on Memorial Day.
stitcherw said…
Loved looking at the quilts in the two quilt show entries you did, they're gorgeous. The quilt club near us does a yearly show that I love going too. Some of the detail they manage to get fitting those tiny pieces of fabric together is amazing.
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon