Friday, March 07, 2008

Virtual Quilt Show

It's that time of year again when the local guild has their annual quilt show. I don't quilt as often as I'd like, but I LOVE looking at the finished products. This post will be entirely quilt related, so you wont be missing anything by moving along. However, I do recommend at least scrolling down and looking at the beautiful quilts. They had some lovely ones this year. And remember you can click on the pictures to make them bigger.

I went the first day it opened instead of waiting until the afternoon of the final day. There aren't as many people on the last day, but the vendors have been picked over and all the free samples are long gone.

Was it crowded?

YOU BET!

But for the most part the people would move and were kind when you wanted to take pics of the quilts. Every once in awhile you'd get caught in a pocket of people, but then it would start moving again.

Ok I don't really know where to start so I'm just going to jump in! This quilt show is a judged show, meaning some fancy schmancy accredited person comes and decides what is good and what is not. Some I agreed on, others not so much.

This one won a blue ribbon in Large Bed Quilts/Machine quilted AND Best of Show.

It's a beautiful quilt with wonderful workmanship and fantastic machine quilting. While I like it, it wasnt my favorite.

What were some of my favorites? I REALLY like this one.

I really like star quilts and I LOVE the colors in this one. She did a great job making it.

I REALLY liked this one, too.

It's a sampler quilt, which I don't always go for, but what I really like abt this one is that the background fabric is black instead of the usual white or cream. I find it VERY striking. And by the blue ribbon, I'm not the only one who thought so.

Another one that caught my eye was this one.

Again, the dark fabric with the bold colors in the log cabins. Beautiful.

There were some whimsical quilts




I think this one is my favorite!

If you've ever been to a quilt show, some of those attendants are tough!!

This quilt shows that a little orange can go a long way..


..while too much orange can make you blind!


This one is amazing to me.

Back in 2000, a lot of people made millenium quilts. Some of those millenium quilts looked like this, 2000 different pieces of fabric commemorated in a quilt. I've seen others like this before, but this one is one of my favorites. She did a great job in placing the fabrics in such a way that its pleasing to the eye, and no clumps of color. I've considered doing a quilt like this, but then I just move on!

I really like the pattern in this bargello quilt.


And while I don't usually like the Snail's Trail pattern


I like it when it's attached to some kitties!


Here are some others that I thought were nice.





I really liked the applique down the middle in this quilt.


I've got more quilts to post, but blogger is giving me fits with posting pictures (guess I've reached my limit?!?) so come back tomorrow for the rest of the quilt show.

2 comments:

SusieH said...

Oh, my goodness! These are all droolworthy. I agree with you about the dark backgrounded quilts - they really pop in your photos.

Jacki said...

Oh wow I love the star quilt with the black background!