Saturday Sky

The local sky and temp.



I took these at 12:30. As of 2pm, the clouds are winning.

After the week we've had, I decided that I was doing nothing on Friday. I'd catch up on some tv watching and try to figure out what to work on next. On Thursday night, after I finished the socks, I whipped this up for Baby Girl.


It was a free pattern in the Knit Picks catalog using their (discontinued) Dancing yarn. Stats are as follows:

Start and completed: 4/3/08 (probably abt 2 hours worth of knitting)
Size needles: 7
Yarn: Knit Picks Dancing #23590 doubled

This yarn is 41% cotton, 39% wool, 13% nylon and 7% elastic. It feels soft, but she did say it was a bit itchy behind her ear. She loves it though so I hope it will get some good wear. I think I will make another one out of some Fixation yarn to see if that has the same itch factor. Fixation is just cotton and elastic so that might be better.

Other than my white sweater (which I actually knit 8 rows on last night) I have nothing on the needles and I'm at that point where I don't know what I want to do. So I did something yesterday that was a bit scary. I started to (gulp) catalog my yarn. I started in the craft closet where I have some in containers back in the corners. I have bits and pieces back there, but I do know I have enough to make Baby Girl a tank so I pulled it out. I bought some Red Heart Cotton Twist ages ago and thought I could use some of it to make a tank dress for her, but the powder blue color did nothing for her. I did have enough to make a sweater for Delaney. And we'll go shopping for some cotton yarn to make the dress instead. Yarn shopping, what a hardship!

I got thru two containers and three Hefty 2 gal bags before I had to call it quits. I have 5 more 2 gal bags to go thru before I start my closet. THAT one scares me because that's where I'm keeping all the charity wool and acrylic (13 gal bags of that, but I wont bother cataloging them) and, of course, my sock yarn.

BTW does anybody know what I can do with my white acrylic yarn? I can't use it for animal blankets (will show dirt VERY quickly) and I cant use it for most of my charities since they require wool. I guess I could make some baby hats with them. I thought of dyeing it, but from what I've seen acrylic is almost impossible to dye.

Anybody have any suggestions???

Comments

Beth said…
Let me know when you figure it out! I inherited some scratchy white acrylic from my aunt that just's collecting dust (well, the bag is) in my basement.
aksunflour said…
What about Christmas stockings (ornament like). Or double it up w/ a black fun fur for a scarf. If you don't like either of those- I could use a skein of nice white acrylic.

Nice blue sky pictures... we got snow last night. Still snowing this morning.
Vivian said…
If you have a local homeless shelter or hospital you can donate (human) blankets to, white mixed with other colors make great blankets. On the other hand, the acrylics tend to sit in my charity stash too, wool is so much nicer to work with.
stitcherw said…
Congrats on finishing the socks earlier. I'm glad that he's wearing and enjoying them. The headband looks lovely too.

While we don't have 80 here, we did get 60+ today with sun, so I'm happy. It was sunny yesterday too, all together a lovely weekend. Good luck organizing and cataloging all your yarn stash. I'm scared to even think about doing my xstitch, don't think I really want to know how much I have.
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon