Stitching Update and Epcot

For those of you that like to look at projects and move on, I will post my updated cross stitch first. I met up with my stitching group last Thursday and made some progress on Seasonal Spring.

Before


After


I'm almost done with the window frame so I can start to move on to other colors instead of brown. That is the one drawback of doing a seasonal window scene, while the outside changes, you still have to stitch that window!

Knitting updates, well there really arent any. I can't find the bathroom rug I started, I haven't worked on my sweater since the last post, and Baby Girl's tank dress is progressing, but there isn't much to show. I just finished the ruffle which means I'm at 210 stitches. I'll probably post a picture by the end of the week.

So for now, that's it. If you don't want to see pictures of Epcot, feel free to move along to the next blog.


For those that stayed, Welcome to....


Two rugrats patiently waiting for our tickets


For those that don't know, Epcot is split into 2 different sections, Future World and World Showcase. Future World highlights different areas of how we can make the world a better place for the *future*, ie The Land, The Seas, Imagination, Innovations, Energy, etc. World Showcase highlights different countries. We went for the Flower and Garden Show, but we didn't get to see much of it. Between the rain and the crowds, oh yeah, and small children, you can't blitz the parks like you can when its just two adults. But I digress.

When we were in Innovations, we went into a section sponsored by Velcro. It was a show that was part comedy, part game show, but it was based around the Hook and Loop (velcro) invention and how it's changed our lives. Baby Girl and the IO got called for one of the games (#1 Son didnt want to go) and they won! Here they are before they got started.


After that we headed over to the Land where we got to see lettuce growing w/o dirt


a tomato TREE


a pumpkin hanging out in a hammock


and another one earning its *ears*


When we moved on to The Seas,


not only does it feature characters from the movie Finding Nemo,




but it also has a lot of underwater animals to look at. You are basically inside part of the aquarium and we were there when they fed the fish

I had to circle the diver so you could actually see her amidst the feeding frenzy. If you click on the picture, it gets bigger to see her better.

Hardly any of my flower or butterfly pictures came out, but here are a couple that did.
Beautiful flower that had no name posted. If you know it, leave it in the comments.


Made sure I got some orchids for Dee


Here is an exposed frame of a topiary to show how they get those incredible animal shrub statues


Thank you for visiting Epcot today. We hope you had a pleasant trip.

Comments

Dee said…
Great pictures of EPCOT. I love the entry sand sculpture!

The flower you don't know is a passion flower. I don't know whether you smelled it, but they have a very sweet fragrance sometimes.
Jacki said…
darn, Dee beat me to it!

neat pictures :)
drpurl said…
Looks like everyone had a great time!
aksunflour said…
Wow! so that is Epcot. I want to go! LOL I really had to search to find the diver. And the tomato tree is astounding! Thank you for the mini vacation.
Sandie Knapp said…
Thank you so much for these photos. The pumpkin pix were fascinating. I had never seen them grown in that manner, so I was transfixed. How ingenious, putting molds about them so they make a specific shape! It looks like you all had a wonderful time too. :)
stitcherw said…
What great Epcot pictures. It's been a number of years since I've been there, but I loved all the different and unusual things they had to see and enjoy. If I visit Amber when she's wintering in Florida, maybe I'll get a change to visit again.
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon