Monday Meme and more!

There are a couple of memes floating around in blogland so I figure I'd do one today and one tomorrow.

First one:

The rules: There are no rules when I play. If you want to play, leave me a comment so I can read yours on your blog.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was pregnant with #1 Son and trying to finish up some projects in our house before he was born. This was harder than I expected since I was nauseous every day of my pregnancy. Craftwise I was still predominantly doing cross stitch. I had a small fabric stash because I was slowly getting into quilting, but my yarn stash was maybe a few balls of yarn left over from a couple of projects I did when living in NY.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today - in no particular order?
Laundry, work on the quilt for Baby Girl's teacher, work on some baby socks for a gift, make dinner, go on line. I'm proud to say I did everything on that list including finishing those socks!

3. Snacks I enjoy
Popcorn, icecream, chocolate.

4. Places I've lived
Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Orlando, Long Island

5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire
First I would make sure my family was taken care of. No bills, no house payment, college paid, travel accts, etc. Buying a compound (like the Kennedy's) where we could all meet up and go to for family reunions sounds really nice. Then I'd like to set up a private foundation to help those that fall thru cracks, something like Habitat for Humanity. Help people rebuild after major disasters, but make them be a part of it.

6. Peeps I want to know more about
If you read this blog, this would be YOU!!!


Now for those of you who have read this meme and wonder when I'm going to post a picture of those socks, wait no more.

They are basic ribbed socks size 6-12mo. The yarn is Sassy Stripes by Moda Dea. If they look familiar, its because I made a pair for my nephew using the same yarn. The best part? MY TOES MATCH!!!!

And here is a shot of the quilt I'm working on. SOO close to being done. I just need to add the class picture and 2 more kids' blocks. Then I will baste it and quilt it. I'm hoping to be done by Friday.........

Comments

Barb said…
That quilt is fantastic!
SusieH said…
WONDERFUL quilt!!! You rock, girlie!!!
Dee said…
The socks are very cute.

But, that quilt!!! Oh my golly, the teacher is going to LOVE it!
Deborah said…
Oh the quilt will be precious! 10 years ago I was nursing the sulky 13 year old and running after 2 other little boys and wondering when it would ever get easier.

10 years later... it was far easier then!
aksunflour said…
Thanks you have motivated me back to blogging.

The quilt is quite pretty.

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon