Saturday, June 28, 2008

Socks on a Saturday Afternoon

While it was hazy and hot today,



(don't let the 86 fool you, it felt like a sauna outside)

I did the only logical thing, I stayed inside and finished up my Maizy socks.


and they fit!


I only bought a 50gr skein of each from Wild Fibre so I cut it kind of close with the white

but I finished it with yarn to spare and that's all that matters! I now have my June socks for Sock a Month 5 and I can now focus on my bamboo socks for the Summer of Socks kal. Since I'm a slow knitter and only adult socks apply, I hope to at least finish the bamboo ones and another pair before the end of summer. I'm hoping to have some socks for ME this winter. I tend to wear the same ones over and over again.....

Stats for the Maizy socks:

Maizy by Crystal Palace Yarns (82% corn fiber, 18% elastic nylon) in colors Ivory #204 and Springtime #1008 using 2.25mm Susan Bates dpns.

Sock #1: 4/28-6/15/08
7 weeks

Sock #2: 6/19-28/08
9 days (a LITTLE quicker than sock #1!)

Yarn is a bit splitty to work with but you get used to it after awhile. They feel really soft when done (haven't washed them yet). I don't have any plans to buy more of the Maizy just because there are SO many other yarns I want to work with. It seems my favorite socks so far are my Lorna's Laces Motherlode in sportweight. I WILL be making another pair by LL before this winter.

6 comments:

aksunflour said...

really like the patterning down the side of the foot. What pattern did you use?
And yes 9 days is a lot quicker than 7 weeks!

SusieH said...

Those are so CUTE! Love the multicolor yarn on heel and toe.

Kay said...

Your Maizy socks really turned out nicely! I like the contrasting heel and toe.

Ruth said...

I was struggling with my Maisy socks today when I came over to your blog and saw yours.

Since you're an expert.... did you do the cast on the way it suggested? And you do know why it was suggested that way? (I'm assuming we did the same pattern, mine is listed on my blog
knittingbloggyblog.blogspot.com )

Got any thoughts?
Thanks!

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

cute kids...nice corn socks.your pix of the thermometer was a neat idea!

drlaura said...

hi,
pretty sox!

i'm drlaura, "sockguru" for crystal palace yarns, http://drlauraAsirius@gmail.com

and would like to post your sock pics on our blog with your permission...

drlauraAsirius@gmail.com