Sunday Ramblings

I. On Friday a couple of us moms got together and took the kids to see Wall-E. Now I have to admit, I SO did not want to see this movie, even brought my knitting with me just in case I was bored. Well I never even touched it! I have to say the movie was MUCH better than I expected. There is very little dialog, so it's a movie you have to watch, but there is a good storyline to it. And while I won't give anything away, I *did* feel the urge to go to the gym after seeing the people in hover chairs......


II. I realized that I never did post a picture of the Rugrats' last day of school so here it is.....


What a difference a few months can make. Here they are on their first day of school back in August. BOTH seemed to have changed so much.



III. While my cucumbers and squash are no longer in existence, we were able to eat 4 ears of corn (which were pulled and cooked before I could take a picture of them), and my lone tomato is doing really well, too.


Here it's being guarded by an assasin bug. Apparently it eats the insects that would eat my tomato.

I don't normally care for bugs, but this guy can stay for as long as he wants!


IV. Here are some pictures I saw on I Can Has Cheezburger that tickled both my kitty funny bone and my geek funny bone (yes I used to be a math geek back in the day).




Hemi says:

I don't get it...

Comments

Dee said…
Wow! The kiddos have really grown. #1 Son looks so much more confident in the end of year pictures.


I loved the isoceles cat too.
stitcherw said…
My, the two pictures sure do show how much they've grown this year. Amazing how fast they grow up isn't it. I still can't believe my baby turned 25 this year.

Wall-E was fun, and you're right about thinking about hitting the gym after seeing them all in the chairs. Kind of a scary picture of the future.

Glad your garden seems to be doing well, and fun pictures of the cats. Congrats on finishing your socks in the earlier post, they look great.
Sue
Wendy said…
Kids sure change a lot from the start of the year.
I love you socks, it makes me want to pick up my needles again, I haven't knitted for months now.
aksunflour said…
bugs just creep me out....

thanks for the movie review. (usually base going to a movie vs. waiting for it to come out on Netflix by others reviews.- yours esp.)
Brigitte said…
Wow is right! The kids really have grown during the school year!

Ah, the joys of the summer holiday once school is out...
SusieH said…
LAst day aaaawwwwwws here! I loved the LOLcats :)

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon