Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Morning Update

It's been a bit hectic here at Happy Acres, so I haven't had the opportunity to post my Thursday Kitties or my Saturday sky (never even took one), but that doesn't mean crafting hasnt been happening! I got to meet up with my stitching group on Thursday which meant Too Pooped got to come out and play. I worked on him a bit more on Friday before he went back in the bag. I also started Ariel from The Little Mermaid for Baby Girl. I have a book on Disney Princesses and will be doing 5 of them. It has nice blocks of color, but the faces and hands are a bit odd, lots of 3/4 stitches. And I finished my Red Heart sock on Friday. I plan on casting on for its mate tomorrow.

And where are all the pictures showing these things off??! Well there are none. Like I said, its been a bit hectic so I haven't been able to take the time to do a photo shoot. However I *do* have a picture of an FO.......

I finished it off tonight and Baby Girl wore it to bed. I'm really happy with the way it came out and am THRILLED it fits her. I wasnt so sure for a bit. I added an extra inch to the length just to give her a bit more time in it. I got the pattern from Summer 2007 Knitter's Magazine and used Bernat Cotton Tots in Strawberry for the yarn. And yes you can see the striping from the different dye lots, but at least it is light and dark stripes so it lookes like it was supposed to be that way!

I'm hoping to finish off her wrap by the end of the week. As far as #1 Son, I've been working to put together his I Spy quilt. I've made some modifications to make it easier on myself, but he wants it to fit his bed which means lots and lots of squares left to cut.


Will the I Spy quilt be as comfy as this one???

6 comments:

Jade said...

Awww, I don't know who's cuter, the little Princess in Pink, or the kitten in Dreamland? :)

SusieH said...

Well done!!! I love it that she wore her new dress to bed; that is exactly what Lily would do, too!

Dee said...

Her dress turned out adorable. It looks like a big ol' scoop of strawberry ice cream.

Hemi is quite a big cat, isn't he!

stitcherw said...

The dress looks great, and she's so cute in it. Looks really cool for the summer too. Good luck working on the quilt, sounds like it will be a big one. Hemi looks so comfy, cats sure think we make everything just for them don't they, LOL.
Sue

aksunflour said...

Wow that dress took awhile (has me rethink making a dress for me!)

Love the kitty pix.

Sandra said...

Wow, that ruffle did turn into a dress! I agree, it does look like it's meant to be that way. Boy did you get lucky. LOL

Adorable, the dress and baby girl!