Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hare Kare, Xanax and Knitting

Name three ways to deal with asthma attacks, evil financial institutions, part time jobs and unemployed husbands. Since I'm rationing my Xanax and suicide never solved anything, I've been knitting.

I've been working a little bit on everything; passed the gusset on my sock, 9" into my kitty blanket and finished this cute little charity vest.

I used the pattern from the Warm Woolies site, a modification of their January vest. I used Patons Classic Wool in Black and the majority of the Lion Wool Autumn Sunset #201. That's the third project with that wool and I have a small ball left of the original 2 skeins. Started 9/6/08 and finished 9/11/08. I started another charity sweater with some mystery wool I got off eBay.

Meanwhile my house is SO trashed. I need to clean, but it's not going to happen today. Trying to get back into the swing of school and work and still keeping up with the house is taking its toll on me. I've got a crock pot set up for dinner (new recipe that if it comes out I'll post) and just plan on going slow. I'm not even knitting. I'm reading Dyer Consequences by Maggie Sefton. So far I'm really enjoying it. Once I finish it I'll give my book report on that one and Twenty Wishes that I finished last week.

And in case you thought I forgot, here is my sky.

We had some wild weather pass thru this past week from the outer bands of Ike, but I think we'll be ok today. Here's hoping those in Texas will be the same. Already saw the windows blown out on the buildings, lets hope that while stuff may be damaged, the people will remain safe.

4 comments:

stitcherw said...

Sounds like you're having a rather chaotic time of it. Hopefully things settle down soon for you. I haven't made anything in a crock pot in ages, not since DD moved out. However, when she was younger I used it a lot. I didn't know that Maggie Sefton had a new one out, I love her books. Thanks for the heads up, guess I need to get over to the library. Your vest looks good, it will be so warm in the colder weather and much appreciated by who ever gets it.
Sue

Life's a Stitch said...

I'm feeling the saem way. Too bad we can't get together and knit.

aksunflour said...

sorry to hear about the chaos in your life.


Wonderful blue sky- all we have had here is rain and more rain. blue skies are extremely rare.

SusieH said...

Warm hugs to you, Lynn - how did that crockpot recipe come out? I'm in a bit of a funk, too...just getting up, getting kids to school, and getting to bedtime seem to be all I can handle...