It's all in your mind.

With fall around the corner** I finished up a pair of wool socks.


These are my Blueberry Waffles socks using some hand dyed yarn in the Emily colorway from NH Knitting Mama. The yarn is VERY nice, its BFL superwash wool and they are soaking in the sink as I type.

Sock #1: 7/31-8/19/08 - 19 days
Sock #2: 8/24-9/15/08 - 22 days

So each sock averaged me abt 3 weeks to make. Just call me Speedy Gonzalez.

I want to cast on for another pair of socks but I can't decide what yarn to use. I pulled out a few skeins over the wknd, but now none of those do anything for me. I'll have to wait to see what speaks to me, or I'll have to just change direction and cast on for a scarf.


Oh Hai!

**The calendar may say fall starts in a few days, but somebody tell the heat. It was a high of 98 today. That's not including the heat index. It's no wonder I felt like I was melting. Yet I still finish my wool socks.......

Comments

Wendy said…
Way to go for finishing your socks in the heat. I've got some socks on my needles waiting for winter.
Dee said…
They turned out very nice.

With a/c --- we can accomplish anything, including wool blankets!
Jane said…
Very nice! It's finally cooled off a bit here, so maybe it will make its way down to you soon.
SusieH said…
Loving the yummy colors in those socks. My socks tend to take a long time too, unless I am traveling and working on them...
June said…
Love the socks!! I've used that pattern before and love it. Keep up the good work...winter comes to central Fla. too (eventually)!
Sandie Knapp said…
Wow, those socks look great! I've yet to do a pair using the waffle pattern, but I have it for when I want to try it. I'm doing my pair both on one needle this time. I've been dying to try that, but afraid I would mess it up. Since they are barely begun I best not brag too much. There is still plenty of time for errors. But so far, so good. :)
Brigitte said…
Oh, I'll knit with wool in any weather!
Ann said…
Lovely socks & the colors are gorgeous. I do knit more socks in summer as they are small & portable. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Alison Boon said…
Good work on the socks. Love the colours

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon