Sunday, October 19, 2008

He's not the only one getting awards!

Susie awarded me with this:



Thank you Susie!! I love your blog too!!!


Now, the rules for accepting this blog award:

1. Please put the award on your blog.

2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.

3. You must nominate at least 4 fellow bloggers for this award.

4. Add links to the recipients.

5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award.

I have linked to Susie's blog, the Knit Farm. She's a transplanted Yankee on the other side of the pond. I live vicariously thru her posts since it will be a LONG time before I get over there.

Now here are some of my favorite blogs that I go to often:

1. Quiddity - Jane was really the first blog I started reading way back when. I *think* it was from when I was following the AOL boards, she would post her name, her email and her blog. She has such lovely knits pictured and has over 100+ socks knit up.

2. Tangled Up In Sticks and String - Dee was the first IRL person I knew who started a blog. I had been debating on starting a blog myself, and one day at Sip and Knit she told me that she had started up a blog. Two months later I started up this one. So thanks for the extra push I needed.

3. Stitching and Life in the Company of Pets - StitcherW cross stitches and she always has the nicest projects going on. Plus she posts pictures of her pets. What's not to love?!!?

4. Pure Florida - This is a non knitting blog, but Florida Cracker has a way of capturing Florida that doesn't include a bikini clad beach or a theme park. Great pictures and great posts.


Ok, I hope I've given you all some new blogs to visit, they are definitely worth it.


And since I haven't been doing much of anything the past couple of days (after the past couple of weeks, who can blame me), I don't have anything to show, but I do have a question. Living in Florida means that I don't require scarves to keep warm. I've been planning on making a couple for gifts and I have finished one but I'm not sure if its really done. It's thinner than I wanted, 3.5" wide. I was planning on making it longer to compensate for the thinness, but I cast off when I ran out of yarn and the scarf is just shy of 5 feet. Is this good? The IO thinks its too short, but when I look at the finished lengths of scarves listed in different patterns, they only go to 4.5 feet. So should I take out the bound off edge and add more inches/feet to it? It's for a 14 y/o girl and I don't know if it needs more length or not. What do you all think?


Is that the thing I keep playing with that you keep pushing me away from? I say you are DONE!

4 comments:

SusieH said...

I like my scarves as tall as me or a bit taller, but some people like them shorter. Depends on how mnay times you like to wind it round your neck. When you try it on and visualize chillier climes, what do you think? If it looks right, it is right!

aksunflour said...

blogger ate my first comment... so attempting again.

If the girl isn't very tall the 4.5 ft should be plenty as the scarf will stretch lengthwise. The 3.5 is bit narrow, but should work if the girl wears it around her neck like an accessory.

Beautiful blueish sky pic.

Congratulations Mom (you earned the good grades award too!)

Dee said...

We even read the same blogs. LOL

Are you SURE we aren't sisters?

stitcherw said...

Thank you so much for the award, I love to read yours too. You have such neat different projects, and look how you inspired me to do the cat mats. :)

As to the scarf, it depends on how she likes to wear it and her weather. 5 ft for once around the neck is fine. On the other hand, my DD likes hers longer as she almost never has a hat around, so will wrap hers around her head and then down around her neck twice. Depends too on the weather she'll wear it in, closer to your warmer weather? Or much colder weather? I'd try it on yourself, and then adjust as needed.
Sue