Slow Boat to China

Finally with our cooler weather, I had incentive to pull out some flannel. I haven't made any sleep pants for Baby Girl in 3 years so it was her turn. I pulled out the Barbie flannel that we've had for a LONG time, found the pattern I wanted to use, and whipped up these babies! (click to get a better look)


*whipped up*. Yeah right. Those simple sleep pants took me abt 5 hours to do! I am SO slow when it comes to sewing. Do I have enough fabric? What abt this pattern? Do I still have the size I need? Or was it cut away? Do I have the right elastic? When I finally get the chance to pin it out, I get so many helpers. Then of course the bobbin needs to be refilled. The important thing is that I finished them in time for Baby Girl to sleep in them. I have to say, they are really soft too. They are a bit big, but hopefully that means she'll get to wear them thru March, plus I added a lot of extra fabric in the hem so if I need to let some out, I can.

I want to make them both another pair soon, but I need to hit JoAnn's for some more elastic. What I thought was a couple of yards of elastic ended up being a couple of yards of velcro.

Comments

Jane said…
Elastic - Velcro There's a difference?? hee hee But really, cute pants! And cute kid, too.
Dee said…
Uh, yeah Jane....velcro is SCRATCHY!!!! Wouldn't want to sleep near THAT! LOL

I can't believe how much baby girl is getting to look like her Mama!!!
Sandie Knapp said…
VERY nice, and catch that pose!!! haha

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon