Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Visit to the Frog Pond

I'm not one to rip things back. If I make a mistake, I will look at it and think abt how bad it really is. Will the average person notice it? If not, then I usually leave it alone. I did that with one of the scarves I'm working on. I didn't realize that I was off a couple of stitches so some of my twisted stitches look like Moss stitches. I finished that scarf and unless I really look for it, you can't see it, which means nobody will ever notice it. However when I'm working on a project that I'm just not enjoying, I'll try to slog my way thru it for a bit, but if I'm really not enjoying it, out it comes.

Case in point

This is one of the scarves I'm working on. I'm using a pattern that is supposed to give you a wavy feel. Do you see one? I don't. Even when I do a close up picture of it

I still need to outline the wavy pattern. This scarf is too much work for something I have to point out. So I did what Dee is famous for, I ripped it out.


one skein to go


And here is the newly cast on scarf using the Yarn Harlot's One Row Scarf Pattern.

I have to say I really like this pattern. It makes an interesting scarf and is EASY to remember.

And if you noticed the book, that is the latest by Maggie Sefton. It was an easy read, less nail biting than her past books and I sort of figured out who the culprit was abt half way thru, but entertaining just the same. I enjoy the characters so it was a good read. And while the title does put it around Christmas time, it's not real Christmasy so it wouldn't feel off if you're reading it in March.

4 comments:

Dee said...

You know what I always say .... let her rip!!!!

SusieH said...

Yay for you!! I think the one-row scarf is an awesome pattern :)

Life's a Stitch said...

Ouch. I know a scarf pattern for that yarn :)
Li

stitcherw said...

To bad on the scarf, what a pain to have had to rip it back out. However, if you weren't happy, and had even more work to do that you didn't think was worth it, sounds like you made a good choice. Fun new start, hopefully this one will be more enjoyable for you. I didn't realize Sefton had a new book out. I think I need to go visit the library or the bookstore to see the new releases. I enjoy her books along with Monica Ferris needlepoint series so will want to read it. Also, found a new author, Betty Hechtman, she has a crochet mystery series. I just started it, but seems good so far.
Sue