Thursday, February 05, 2009

I was warmer in NY

Because when it got down into the 20s I could crank my furnace up and make my house toasty warm! Other than the cold nights I am enjoying the cooler days. It's a nice break from the 90 degree weather. (I've decided to embrace the cold because it wont last that long).

See?

They've changed the forecast to 79 instead of 80 on Wednesday so it should be a beautiful week. We just have one more night of a hard freeze but only to 28 tonight instead of 23 like we had last night(I'm NW of Orlando and we get colder) w/o the wind chill of 15. The citrus hasn't been badly damaged, apparently the crops weren't frozen long enough to do major damage. We'll see how it goes tonight.

The weather does wreck havoc on the kids' health. We had friends visiting last week and the next day their son was in the hospital with a fever of 103. Yep, you know what that means. Monday afternoon they were both home with 101 fevers. It's lasting longer than I'd like but they are on some good drugs from the Dr. so hopefully they will be fine by Monday.

The weather is good incentive to knit though. Remember my poor sock that didn't quite have a 3" cuff? I'm now on the gussets.

I had to redo part of it because after I did my heel flap, I picked up the side stitches to start my gussets when I realized that the heel hadn't been turned. This is what happens when you don't work on a sock for awhile!! I'm hoping to be done with it by next wknd.

Not much else has been worked on, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to work on Too Pooped. I can put a movie on for them, we can climb into bed and I can stitch while they hack and sniff.

Ah, the glamorous life of a mom!!

5 comments:

KSee said...

LOL, I too will forget to turn the heel. I just finished the heel and had to think real hard on the turn formula. I even went to yo0tube to look up ssk!! I had a total brain f*rt!

SusieH said...

I did that with a sock last year...aaargh!

Dee said...

Hope the kiddos are feeling better soon.

Bridget said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes picks up the gusset stitches without ever having turned the heel ...

I don't mind cold weather - it's the heat I can't take!

Life's a Stitch said...

All three of my kids have been sick since Christmas. We've gone through a lot of OTC drugs! They even closed down two high schools here for disinfecting because so many were out sick.