Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mid Week Update

I've had a couple of finishes here that I haven't posted yet. First up is the Warm Woolies Odd Ball Blanket, this one is called Chocolate Indulgence.

Here are the stats:

Date Start: 2/14/09
Date End: 3/8/09
LionBrand Wool Ease Mink Brown #127 & TLC Burgundy (I think, there was no ball band)
double stranded
4.8oz/315yd yarn used

Each portion will be 8" long and in my portion I used a basketweave pattern. The colors remind me of chocolate covered cherries and the pattern looks like the plastic sectional part of a box of chocolates (who else thinks of Forest Gump when you hear "a box of chocolates"?!?) It will be sent out for the next person to work on.

Next I whipped out a couple of hats last week.

Hat #1

Date start: 3/3/09
Date end: 3/5/09
Moda Dea Sassy Stripes #6952
I used size 8 needles, cast on 88sts, ribbed for 2" then stst for a total of 8" before decreases.
1.36oz/127yds yarn used

Hat #2

Date start and end: 3/7/09
Moda Dea Sassy Stripes #6948 Polo
Again I used size 8 needles, cast on 88sts but stst for 7.75" before decreases.

I made them for a 5 y/o and a 7 y/o. They came out a bit bigger than I wanted, but they fit Baby Girl ok so I should be fine.

I'm still working on Baby Girl's socks. I'm on sock #2's heel flap and hopefully I'll be casting off by the wknd. I'm 3" into my Warm Woolies Mystery Sweater KAL which puts me to the straight stst part so another good spot for mindless knitting. Both were in the car last night and instead of going to get them, I cast on for another charity blanket.

I'm not sure if it will be big enough for Warm Woolies. If now, it will go to the kitty shelter. Straight knitting on this one, double stranded using up some gifted Red Heart Super Saver yarn. It feels a bit "bullet proof", but the knitting bumps make it squishy. This blanket is the perfect project to work on when the only light is the TV.

As you can tell, this is the year of the Warm Woolies. I'm trying to participate in their 10 for 10 contest, 10 items for 10 y/o's and older. There are some specifics, one of them being 3 of those items need to be sweaters. Not sure that is going to happen, but then again I have until November. It would be a great way to use up some of that charity wool I have in the closet.


Since I doubt the Debbie Bliss is charity wool, please do not disturb.

4 comments:

aksunflour said...

yeah finally i have somewhat more reliable internet and can blog.

good luck w/the car thingie. hope you get better soon.

i could send you some of our snow, and there is more forecasted.
and i totally agree w/you about daylight savings time. we let Hugo outside at 5:30 am on Monday. he laid outside in the snow looking at us like we were crazy.

Sandie Knapp said...

You must admit, Hemi NEVER looks uncomfortable!

So, do I understand this right? You knit part of a blanket and then pass it on to the next knitter to add her part? I bet that makes for some very interesting blankies. :)

stitcherw said...

The hats look great, and I like the colors in the blanket they do remind me of chocolate covered cherries. As to your earlier note on DST, I totally agree. They move the time and all it does is shift when I have the lights and stuff on, it doesn't change the amount of time they are on. Then trying to get used to gaining and losing the hour of sleep is a real pain too. Good luck with the car, glad it seems to be doing better.
Sue

Jane said...

Cute hats! As for DST, I'm still tired from the time change.