Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Update

So I'm sitting in front of the computer thinking (and typing) a post for today's blog, but I can't seem to get my thoughts together in a logical manner. I think part of it may be because the IO has the news on and keeps yelling out to me "Did you hear that?", and the rugrats keep running around the house playing pianos and guitars and recorders. While I'm happy they're not sitting in front of the TV, it is a lot noisier. I've since closed the door to the office, but the train of thought is still disjointed. I think I will just show pictures instead.

What my Saturday sky looked like.


What I got from JoAnn's on Saturday.

The Kroy was on sale and I've never seen this colorway before.

And this was new to me sock yarn so I just had to try some.

I didn't even know Deborah Norville liked to knit, let alone have her own line of yarn! I really like the colorway, too. It was only $3.75/skein and I used my 40% off coupons as well. The 50% coupons went toward the IK Spring and It Itches.

I didn't do a whole lot on Sunday, I wasn't feeling that great so I mostly worked on Ariel. I finished the stitching and am *this close* to finishing off the backstitch. I took a picture of the finished work before the back stitching and will post it once I'm completely done with her. It's amazing how much of a difference the backstitching makes.

Apparently it was Earth Hour on Saturday. Did you participate? Considering I just found out this afternoon, we didn't, but I did do my part in stimulating the economy. Six of one, half dozen of another in my book.

4 comments:

The Knifty Knitter said...

Tell me if you like that Deborah Norville yarn. I saw some at JoAnn's several weeks ago but haven't tried it. I'm always on the lookout for good (cheaper) sock yarn. Have you bought some from Hobby Lobby? I haven't tried their sock yarn yet either.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Sounds like a decent weekend! I've been knitting socks that last week or so. Almost done a pair. Not sure what will be next.

One thing we talked about this weekend was moving to FL. My parents want to move there, and asked if we would consider. I don't even know where to start! At least they are thinking within the next few years, so I don't have to start packing yet. Any words of wisdom?

Deborah Norville said...

This is Deborah Norville here. Yup, I knit! (And crochet and cross stitch and needlepoint and used to make all my own clothes!). It has always been therapy for me. I think you will LOVE the sock yarn -- its got bamboo which gives it nice softness with heft and the antimicrobial qualities are great. Email me thru www.dnorville.com and let me know what you think.
And if YOUR store doesn't carry the DN collection -- ask them to!
-- Deborah

Jane said...

Deborah Norville used to be on the news here (at least I'm fairly certain that's the same person.) I didn't know she was a knitter, either. BTW, a little package is on its way to you - inside you'll find something courtesy of Socks and Mittens.