Trying to catch up

As usual, I am running behind here at Happy Acres, especially this time of year. There are less than 6 weeks left of school and it's getting down to the wire. The rest of this week isn't too bad, but I have one week in the middle of May that, quite honestly, is just scary.

We did get one thing done, the thing that #1 Son has been looking forward to for the past year. He made the school's Honor Roll and as a reward, the school will send you to Sea World on an overnight trip. There are 5 places to stay and #1 Son chose to sleep with the dolphins. Needless to say, he had a BLAST. The IO took lots of pictures, but this is my favorite.

Nothin' like being covered in whale water!!

While the boys were riding roller coasters (#1 Son rode Kraken TWICE!), us girls had some fun ourselves!!! We went out to dinner and then to JoAnn's to get some fun craft items. No yarn was bought (SHOCKER!), but I did buy some fabric that Baby Girl fell in love with. The easy ones have a chance to be made, like the Ariel pillowcase.


The shorts and the dress, well, I not sure on those.


I just need to set aside a day for sewing. Maybe on Friday.

The best deal of the day?? There was some Debbie Mumm fabric that was really cute and on sale.

Normally it was only $2.99 but by the time they added the sale discount plus the end-of-bolt mark down to the 2/3yd, this piece of fabric cost only a quarter. A QUARTER! I was pretty pleased with THAT!!!!

Saturday was nice and warm,



but the boys were exhausted so not much else went on this wknd. I've been trying to work on some projects, but I was really wiped out this wknd as well so not as much progress was made.

However I DO have a finish to post. My charity vest. This is the front.


And this is the back.


I used up a lot of odd balls of yarn on this one. This vest started out as a Mystery KAL, but while I really loved the pattern (and have seen the finished product on Ravelry), I wasn't loving the way the yarn was hiding the design. So instead I decided to just go with a generic sweater instead. Once I hit the sleeves I realized that I may not have enough yarn to finish them so instead it became a vest!! I'm happy with the way it turned out. I think the finished size is around a size 10 or 12 adult woman.

Stats for the vest:

3/2/09 - 4/19/09
c/o 150sts on size 9 needles
13" to underarm
7.5" underarm to neck
Yarn used: blue and black were Germantown; red was Norsk Ullgarn (made in Norway)
total used: 9.2oz/571yds

Some other things have been started but that will have to wait until later in the week to post.

Comments

Sandie Knapp said…
The vest came out great, IMHO.
How wonderful your son made the honor roll. Congratulations to him too!!! You must be so proud and happy for him. Glad he has the fun of sleeping with Dolphins. Don't blame him. I would have chosen that myself. :)
The vest looks good! I like all the different color combos.
aksunflour said…
Good job on the honor roll. and thank you for the warm temps.
come check out what is new at my house.......
may is crazy! Hope you get a breather occasionally.
NH Knitting said…
Cool vest! I'm a chicken when it comes to using different colors in my knitting (in one project)...

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon