Sewing is stressful.....

I was able to fix my machine today which meant I was able to fix my block. I went from this

to this

to this.

MUCH better! It gets rotated and looks like this in the quilt.

I pulled out the June block but ended up putting it back in the bag. Three blocks in two days apparently is my limit. Instead I pulled out another kit from JoAnn's, this time an apron.

This will be for a friend who loves coffee AND aprons! However the pattern directions are a bit off and I'm at a stand still.

If I was a better seamstress, I'd be able to figure it out, but I'm not sure which would be a better way to go. I think it needs to sit some more. I'll look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow. And then the sewing machine will be still for a bit more. I need a break! While I love to make simple items with fabric, the process is VERY stressful for me. I somehow get thru it, but I'm wiped out at the end of it.

I think it's time to pull out a vanilla sock to give the brain a bit of a rest.

Comments

June said…
I think I bought that JoAnn's "Countryside Cottage", too. Must be in a storage box somewhere. Love the way yours is turning out!
Deborah said…
it's all greek to me... I can't sew to save my life!
Jane said…
Now I know what that noise was - your busy sewing machine!vi
Grace said…
i love your block it looks quite beautiful

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon