Saturday, June 06, 2009

Saturday Silence

It's quiet right now at Happy Acres and it's NICE! The IO took the kids out this AM leaving me the house to myself, which is wonderful after this past month. I woke up yesterday for the first time in a long time without an agenda ahead of me. It was the last day of school which meant there were no PTO meetings or awards or recitals or field trips to attend or get ready for. No more baked goods to prepare. So what did I do? I went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee with another mom who is also celebrating the end of school. And they were having a special, if you buy a beverage, you get a donut for free! We killed 2 hours w/o even realizing it.

Yesterday was also my blogiversary. I've been doing this for 3 years already. It's fun to look back and see what's been happening in the past few years. It also reminds me that I need to ditch the scrapbooking idea and just go back to photo albums. I was SO much better at keeping them updated before I decided to scrapbook for the kids. It's one of my goals for the summer (actually it's been my goal for the past THREE summers. Lets see if I can reach it this year)

In the afternoon once we were all home, I decided to reacquaint myself with some of my projects. I knit on this for a bit


then pulled out Too Pooped. He hasn't seen the light of day since February. This is where he was left off.

and as of last night.


I love the way the color changes make him look so good, but they are a pain to stitch. He may see some more action later today. His tail is done but I really want to finish that dangling foot. Then he will be done. Which means I can work on the tree. All. That. Brown.

Last but not least is my sky. This is the only blue patch up there. Everywhere else is cloudy.


Now I'm off to make some breakfast. I need my energy for all the stitching I plan on doing today.

6 comments:

Dee said...

Have fun stitching in your quiet house.

I'm up doing laundry. The pile was so big I was afraid I was going to break a leg getting around it.

But, I'm going to get some stitching time in today too.

Susan said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Deborah said...

Oh, Lynn, I've so enjoyed reading about your adventures over these past 3 years. I can't believe that mush time has gone by!

I've still not been able to take my needlepoint desires seriously but I still admire it so, maybe when I'm an empty nester!!

Jacki said...

I love the way Too Pooped looks! You're right about all the colors!

I greatly look forward to stitching more now that school is over! :)

aksunflour said...

Wow! 3 years. that is quite a commitment to something. good job.
and hope you enjoyed your morn with the donuts.

Jane said...

Welcome to the lazy days of summer!