Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Final Installment

SO here we go with the final installment of the VQS. Don't forget that all quilts can be clicked on to be bigger. Some I think you'll really want to see better.

This is the one that took home a blue ribbon and Best in Show.

I really liked this quilt. The colors are gorgeous and I like the fact that she cut off the corners to give it an octagon look. What was amazing is that she only used one fabric for the main body of the quilt. This one.

It's a technique called Stack N Wack where you layer like 6 pieces of fabric and cut thru all of them. Then you take the same pieces of fabric and sew them together like this.

Isn't it cool? She did a fantastic job!

This one got Honorable Mention.

I'm not a big Sunbonnet Sue fan, but the stitching on this is really good.


These next two quilts had some amazing quilting in it. This one is hand quilted.

What I like abt this one is that she added different designs thru out the quilt. Here is a close up of a butterfly.


This one I really like!

Just look at that machine quilting! Fantastic!


Here is one of my favorites.

I LOVE the blues in this quilt and the geometric shapes that were made. Really stunning!

They usually have one t-shirt quilt in the show and I really like this one!

Again, a different look than the typical block pattern. One day I will make one with all the t-shirts from the school.

I really liked this snowman quilt.

I want to say it was made with flannel, which just makes you want to cuddle underneath it! It reminds me of a cross stitch pattern as well.

This one is blurry but I think it adds to the feel of it.

I can see it either behind a cushy couch or above a fireplace in a ski lodge.

The last two I find really amazing, not because they are anything special, but because of who the quilters are.

This one was made by a 12 y/o boy!

He decided to start sewing strips together because he was tired of waiting for his mom to make him a quilt and it sort of grew from there. When he was asked how he knew how to make a quilt w/o a pattern, he said *Instinct*! LOL I fear this might eventually be #1 Son with his I Spy quilt.....Either way, I think this kid did a great job!

This one was made by an 8 y/o girl.

I guess the pinks and purples kind of give her away. Did I mention this was her THIRD quilt??


So there you have it. Thank you for visiting our quilt show. Please feel free to leave your opinions in the comments. Have a quilty day!

5 comments:

Dee said...

Oh my gosh .... penguins and snowmen together ... I would have HAD TO HAVE that quilt!!!! LOL

Sandie Knapp said...

Thank you for bringing all of these lovely quilts here to share with us. I'm going to send your blog addy to the lady who owns our hand-crafted gift shop. She does quilting, and I think she would enjoy seeing these lovely quilts too. Isn't it wonderful though when you see that a 12 year old boy, and 8 year old girl have also been quilting. For as long as there are young ones learning the craft, it will not die. A good thing. :)

stitcherw said...

What a wonderful quilt show you provided, they were wonderful. Such great colors and detail. Loved the penquin/snowman one, too cute.
Sue

Knittymuggins said...

Beautiful!! I adore quilts :) One of these days I'll make one hopefully.... Thanks for sharing your photos!

knittymuggins

Ruth in So. MD said...

I really enjoyed your quilt show pics and the way you organized them. That stack and whack quilt is amazing!