How they come and go

I met up with Dee yesterday at Books A Million for some stitching time and this is what I did.

As you can see I got *lots* done! This is the beginnings of what will be a baby blanket for my new niece due in Oct. It took me forever to cast on 192 stitches for this blanket and while I think it's going to look really pretty when complete, it's going to take a while using DK weight yarn and size 7 needles. Plus my yarn kept twisting up so I unraveled the cake and rewound it into a ball with Dee's help. Much better but it took time to do. Such is knitting life when you are too busy talking and drinking coffee. Works for me since I always enjoy Dee's company.

I do have a finish to report. Last night I wrapped up my final vest for Warm Woolies.

It's meant to fit a 6 y/o and I think I'm pretty much there.

She was hoping it was for her, so maybe I'll knit up another for her. Yet one more thing to add to her list! I think I'll make it out of cotton since she seems to want to wear it as a tank top.

Here are my stats:

Warm Woolies Vest #3 (size 6-8)
Knit Picks Wool of the Andres Bulky in Grape
Denise needles size 11
Date Start: 6/6/09
Date End: 7/22/09
yarn used up: 6 oz/235yds

I have one skein left of this yarn. I really do enjoy knitting with it and may end up buying some of their worsted weight for another project. Plus I noticed that I used less yarn in this vest than in the other two. It took me a second to realize that this only used one strand since the yarn was already bulky. The other two were two stranded worsted weight yarns.

Once that was done, I pulled out my kitty afghan to work on. I didn't want to work on the baby blanket since it's not as easy to see it with the light of only the tv. I'll have to save it for daylight hours.

Comments

Dee said…
Awwwwwwwww...you make me sound like such a nice person. If people only knew..........


That pattern on baby girl would make a great tank top.

Well, I made it through Wednesday without buying anything at Joanns, but I'm thinking I won't be so lucky today. Donna just called and invited me to go to lunch and Joann's. LOL
stitcherw said…
Nice start on the baby blanket. With that weight yarn and needle size it will take a while but it will be fantastic all finished up. The vest turned out great, fun color. Some child is really going to appreciate it. Made in a cotton, it looks like it would be a lovely tank top. Glad you had fun visiting with Dee.
Sue
Sandie Knapp said…
That "warm woolies" vest looks great on baby girl. You are such a thoughtful person.....as for the blanket, it's a start and everything has to start somewhere or it never does get done. :)

Popular posts from this blog

What's on the Needles on a Saturday Afternoon