I met up with Dee yesterday at Books A Million for some stitching time and this is what I did.
As you can see I got *lots* done! This is the beginnings of what will be a baby blanket for my new niece due in Oct. It took me forever to cast on 192 stitches for this blanket and while I think it's going to look really pretty when complete, it's going to take a while using DK weight yarn and size 7 needles. Plus my yarn kept twisting up so I unraveled the cake and rewound it into a ball with Dee's help. Much better but it took time to do. Such is knitting life when you are too busy talking and drinking coffee. Works for me since I always enjoy Dee's company.
I do have a finish to report. Last night I wrapped up my final vest for Warm Woolies.
It's meant to fit a 6 y/o and I think I'm pretty much there.
She was hoping it was for her, so maybe I'll knit up another for her. Yet one more thing to add to her list! I think I'll make it out of cotton since she seems to want to wear it as a tank top.
Here are my stats:
Warm Woolies Vest #3 (size 6-8)
Knit Picks Wool of the Andres Bulky in Grape
Denise needles size 11
Date Start: 6/6/09
Date End: 7/22/09
yarn used up: 6 oz/235yds
I have one skein left of this yarn. I really do enjoy knitting with it and may end up buying some of their worsted weight for another project. Plus I noticed that I used less yarn in this vest than in the other two. It took me a second to realize that this only used one strand since the yarn was already bulky. The other two were two stranded worsted weight yarns.
Once that was done, I pulled out my kitty afghan to work on. I didn't want to work on the baby blanket since it's not as easy to see it with the light of only the tv. I'll have to save it for daylight hours.